XpressGas Limited Calls For Applications. The company is hiring a Chief Accountant.
At XpressGas Limited, the Chief Accountant will work closely together with the Chief Finance Officer on regular and ad-hoc basis to report on financial operations and analyze the impact that important business decisions will have on the company’s finances. At the direction of the Chief Finance Officer, the Chief Accountant will be designated to be the primary back-up for other positions within the Finance, Accounting & Administration Department.
Sales & Revenue (Finance Business Partnering)
Act as the primary back-up for other revenue functions within the department as needed and ensures excellent customer service by providing timely and accurate information to stakeholders as needed in a polite/professional manner
- Ensure that sales invoices are raised for submission to customers
- Ensure that all Delivery Notes/Proof of Deliveries are received from customers within the month of sale before confirming sales/revenue for the month.
- Ensure comprehensive sales reconciliation with the loading team is done to confirm sales numbers on monthly basis
- Undertake Sales Cut off Test at month end.
General Ledger Management
Perform duties related to general ledgers and accounting schedules, revenue, accounts receivables, accounts payables, cash position and asset register functions as assigned and reassigned from time to time to meet the deadlines/ objectives of the Finance, Accounting and Administration Department
- Analyze the monthly financial performance and outlook to identify its drivers.
- Review and ensure posting of journals appropriately approved.
- Perform computation and posting of accrued liabilities.
- Perform Trial Balance review on monthly basis as part of month end closing activities to
- ensure accuracy and completeness
- Ensure completion and approval of reconciliations of balance sheet GL accounts
Accounts Payable Management
- Ensure 3-way match of Invoice, Purchase Order and Goods Receipt.
- Supervise and ensure preparation of fortnightly Payment Plan/Proposal for payment of amounts due to vendors/suppliers.
- Supervise and ensure approval and sign off of Payment Run.
- Ensure sign off of cheques/transfer letters of approved amounts due to vendors.
- Review posting and clearing of amounts paid to vendors in Zoho ERP.
- Ensure preparation of monthly vendor reconciliation reconciliations
Accounts Receivable Management
- Ensure all sales are invoiced and updated in system
- Ensure all receipts are updated in the system
- Ensure credit terms are followed to the letter
- Ensure Receivable Accounts are reconciled on monthly basis.
- Provide support to the Finance Department with the preparation and submission of periodic Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) forms and reports.
- Liaise with schedule officers and managers to ensure that the company complies with all statutory filings and payments to avoid penalties and possible operational disruptions
- Ensure filing of audited accounts with GRA
- Maintain working knowledge of the XpressGas agreement process (technical assistance, equity, loans and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements (example credit agreement and repayment schedules with stations) and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable drawdowns, consulting with Chief Finance Officer as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Provide overall support to the Finance, Accounting and Administration Department related to the quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial audit
- Support the coordination of the Prepared-by-Client audit requirement list (PBC) with oversight
- Ensure complete schedules files are built for easy audit
- Attend to auditors request timely to avoid audit overruns.
The Chief Accountant may be assigned other related duties on “as and when” basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with a professional certificate in finance or accounting.
- Over 10 years( at least 3 years in leadership role) of full-time work experience in accounting and/or finance.
- Advance Microsoft Excel skill required.
- Superior analytical and reconciliation skills.
- Proven ability to be a team player, self-started and motivated in performing the duties and responsibilities of the job and the goals of the Finance Department.
- Experience using automated accounting and office programs, such as Zoho One, Financial Edge, Factura, QuickBooks, Salesforce (and other related Customer Relationship Management applications), ERP Gas Business Systems, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret investors, lender and donor guidelines, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Knowledge of internal control procedures and practices.
- Willingness to work hands-on as a cooperative and collaborative member.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Desire and ability to develop new knowledge, skills, and abilities as needed to perform the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong communications and written skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Microsoft Excel assessment required during recruitment process.
XpressGas Limited Calls For Applications – How To Apply
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED