University of Professional Studies (UPSA) Jobs for October 2022. The Governing Council of the University of Professional Studies, Accra invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Director of Internal Audit.
Position: Director of Internal Audit
Reporting to: Vice-Chancellor
The Director of Internal Audit reports directly to the Vice-Chancellor and shall be responsible for the integrity of all financial transactions within the University.
The Director shall:
• ensure the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective financial control system:
• pre-audit all proposed expenditures to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements:
• conduct periodic examination of the accounts of the University including the self-accounting units:
• monitor and ensure that all expenditure incurred have been authorised and are within budgetary provisions:
• conduct periodic management audit and submit reports to the Vice Chancellor.
• liaise with External Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken on reports and audit findings.
• Submit reports in line with the requirements of the Audit Report Implementation Committee (ARIC),
Qualification Required & Experience
• Hold a minimum of Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related field.
• Evidence of in-depth grasp and application of auditing systems and processes and procedures.
• Have a minimum of 15 years post professional qualification work experience, six (6) years of which must have been at least as a Deputy Director in a university or an analogous institution, or in a recognised and reputable practicing firm, industry, commerce, and/or private sector.
• Be above reproach and exhibit a high level of integrity.
• Be able to provide sound advice to the Vice-Chancellor and the Governing Council on compliance with laid-down internal control systems and any statutory requirements.
• Be able to exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards in the oversight of the university’s accounting records and financial transactions.
• Possess excellent relational communications and administrative skills in the supervision of staff in the Internal Audit Directorate.
• Have extensive experience in compliance with finance, accounting and audit regulations preferably in a university environment.
• A Chartered Professional qualification can be an added advantage.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University, consistent with Statutes of the University of Professional Studies. Accra.
How To Apply For The University of Professional Studies (UPSA) Jobs for October 2022
Interested applicants should download the Application Form from the University of Professional Studies. Accra, website (www.upsa.edu.gh) and forward the completed form together with the following
• An up-to-date curriculum vitoe (CV) with documentation on personal history, academic credentials, and work experience to the following email address: [email protected]
• In addition, applicants are required to hand deliver seven (7) copies of all required documents to:
SEARCH COMMITTEE (POST OF DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT)
C/O OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
UNIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, ACCRA (UPSA)
PO. BOX LG 149 ACCRA
All applicants shall request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the Chairman, Search Committee (Post Director of Internal Audit) by the closing date of this application.
It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that all documents, to include the completed application form, up-to-date CV. and the three referees reach the designated addresses before the close of day on Tuesday, October 18, 2022.
Closing Date: 18 October, 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED