The United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa (UNU-INRA) is one of fourteen Research and training Institutes that comprise the think tanks in the UNU system.
United Nations University (UNU) Job Advertisement. The university is hit a Driver/Protocol Assistant.
Under the general supervision of the director, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Liaise with the division of protocol of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in matters regarding the implementation of the UN immunities and privileges Act related to international staff (e.g., diplomatic visas, diplomatic identity cards, preparing official visits of UN and other dignitaries, providing motorcade and other services according to the diplomatic protocol.
- Liaise with Government Departments and Agencies in matters regarding the implementation of the MOU between UNU and the Government of Ghana (GOG) and the Agreement between the UNU and GOG regarding UNU-INRA as well as general matters related to the functioning of UNU-INRA (e.g licensing of vehicles, insurance, roadworthy certificates, telephone services etc).
- Liaise with the University of Ghana in matters regarding the functioning of UNU-INRA on its campus (e.g, entry to the university facilities, provision of water and electricity, maintenance of the Director’s residence).
- Liaise with airport authorities to provide diplomatic facilities to international staff and official visitors and facilitate the immigration procedures (e.g limousine pickup at the tarmac. Diplomatic lounge facilities, early check-in at the airport).
- Facilitate the duty-free import (and export) of goods of international staff and for the office. Liaise with Embassies in Accra for the provision of visas for UNU staff and visitors.
- Drive official vehicles to transport staff and visitors, as well as deliver and collect mail, cheques, documents, and other official items.
- Responsible for the maintenance of office vehicles, their registration, insurance etc.
- Perform other liaison, protocol or messenger duties as and when assigned by the supervisor. Conduct any basic clerical work related to duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Completion of Secondary School/High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid National Driver’s License is required.
- A valid basic life support (BLS) certificate or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of three years’ continuous driving experience with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorized vehicles is required.
- Experience as a driver for a senior manager/executive is desirable.
- Experience as a driver in an international organization or NGO with a safe driving record, is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
How To Apply For United Nations University (UNU) Job Advertisement
Closing Date : 17th August, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED