Here are UNDP Ghana Careers for October 2022 to all interested persons.
UNDP is supporting the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly (KMA) to improve access to safe and hygienic private toilets for the inhabitants of low-income community of Moshie Zongo. In Kumasi, 50% of its 1.2 million population lack access to household toilets. The problem is worse in low-income communities such as Moshie Zongo, where 82.7% of the households do not have access to decent sanitation. The City Council has explored opportunities and measures to addess this problem over the years. Following pilot experimentation, the KMA is implementing an initiative seeking to provide househol toilets to low-income residents at Moshie Zongo thanks to access to low interest loans for toilet construction in private households. The initiative also contemplates training unemployed youth to provide the construction of low-cost toilets locally designed. This initiative was one of the 15 winners of the Global Mayors Challenge in 2021.
Within this context, UNDP is seeking to engage a Project Supervisor to manage the implementation of the Global Mayors Challenge in Kumasi.
The Project Supervisor will support the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly, in close coordination with UNDP in the overall project coordination, coordinating the project team, resources and budget. The main responsibility is to ensure the project’s implementation is sustainable, on time, on budget and achieving its objectives.
UNDP Ghana Careers for October 2022
The project includes three components:
• Selection and training of unemployed youth to construct household toilets in the community. Activities include supervising the construction of household toilets including containment units, superstructure with related facilities and washing facilities. The training component involves the development and adoption of selection criteria for the unemployed youth, building technical capacities and guidance to connect and fulfill demand for household toilets in the community.
• Civic education and targeted campaigns to educate community members and create demand for household toilet and;
• Setting up and management of a revolving fund to provide loans to households to privately fund the construction of toilets, working closely with the fund manager to effectively administer the funds and meet project objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Supervisor, under the supervision of the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly and under close coordination with UNDP will be accountable for the following tasks:
• Coordinate all project implementation activities;
• Establish the workplan and coordinate the project team to ensure timely delivery of the project;
• Supervise day-to-day management of the project, including coordinating and supervising consultants;
• Prepare periodical and situational progress reports and monitor project progress and challenges regularly;
• Overview requests and documents required for payments of consultants, contractors and suppliers;
• Design and organize training and workshops;
• Ensure the development and implementation of quality assurance procedures for all household toilet constructions;
• Prepare and advise bidding process for hiring consultancy and contracting service providers;
• Ensure value for money on budgetary issues; and
• Facilitate any dispute resolution regarding to project implementation.
Qualification Required & Experience
Min. Education requirements
• Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Engineering or related fields; or a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Engineering with seven (7) years of relevant work experience is required.
Min. years of relevant work experience
• A minimum of five (5) years with Master’s Degree or seven (7) years with Bachelor’s Degree of relevant working experience on urban development or sanitation projects is required.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) is required.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
• Experience working in sanitation projects in Kumasi or other municipalities in Ghana is an asset.
• Proven professional experience focusing on client management and working with diverse team will be an asset.
• Knowledge and experience of UN procurement and contracting procedures is an asset.
• Experience in implementing Agenda 2030 at the local level is an asset.
• Experience in capacity building, advocacy and knowledge management is an asset.
• Proficiency in the English language is required.
• Working knowledge of Twi and/or Hausa language is an added advantage.
How To Apply for the UNDP Ghana Careers for October 2022
Closing Date : 11th October, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED