Here is the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change Job Vacancy. The company is looking to hire a Resource Mobilisation Consultant.
The responsibilities of the role centre around support to the Minister of Communications and Digitalisation. This will involve:
- Structuring: Support the Ministry of Communications and Digitisation in structuring an attractive, sustainable and impactful technology upskilling program geared towards girls, women, and other underrepresented groups within the tech sector
- Strategy and planning: Working directly with the key point of contact at the Ministry of Communications and Digitisation, establish a strategy and roadmap for establishing partnerships and mobilizing in-kind and financial support for the successful rollout of the program
- Marketing and Communications: Support the Ministry in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communications programme to reach the programme’s target and potential partners and donors through multiple channels (website, social media, events, conferences, etc.)
- Outreach: Identify and connect with donors that fit into the programme’s fundraising strategy, thinking outside the box to reach non-conventional funders in the donor space. Act as an advocate and spokesperson for the programme during meetings with these donors and wider events. Proactively present the programme and its activities during workshops, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Government Relations: Support the Head of Tech and Country Director of TBI to maintain effective and trusted relationships in government in line with the country project strategy and positioning, and in service of the overall TBI mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and our tech for development initiative
- Coordination: Coordinate with the Head of Tech and in-country Tech Team to ensure collaboration and spill over
- Reporting: Regularly inform TBI Country-level and central TBI tech colleagues of progress through reporting and engagement sessions
- One TBI: the post holder will report to the Head of Tech and matrix into the key point of contact within the Ministry of Communications and Digitisation. They will work embedded within the Ministry and support Ministerial interlocutors and other relevant agencies
They are looking for an experienced fundraiser, with an entrepreneurial drive and creative approach:
- With strong knowledge of the institutional donor space, and demonstrable experience writing successful proposals and applications for grants and general funding
- With a strong understanding of strategic communications, marketing and how to raise an organisation’s profile and impact
- With excellent spoken and written communication skills, who can create persuasive and compelling impact narratives around technological or training programmes
- With strong high-level stakeholder management skills, and the capacity to facilitate conversations in complex environments and push past initial blockers to achieve critical fundraising objectives.
- Who develops effective working relationships and networks, and is able to tap into these networks for the programme’s success
- Who sets themselves and the programme up for success with an entrepreneurial and creative mindset by anticipating blockers, challenges and opportunities, and proactively addressing them
- Who can work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground
- With strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- With a minimum of 7 years of experience in a fundraising role, ideally within the education or digital training space
- Fluency in English required
How To Apply For The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
Closing Date: 11th September, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED