The Trust Hospital Calls For Job Applications . The Hospital is looking for an experienced Health Information Officer to help set up, maintain and manage systems for collection, collation, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of health information for research, planning and management of health services in our facility.
- Develops/reviews systems for the collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of health information
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual inpatient and out patient reports
- Maintains hospital surveillance reports, analyzes trends and communicates them to unit heads
- Ensures regular updates of health information systems
- Provides technical supervision, organization and monitoring of health statistics and medical records
- Provides data for patient monitoring and referral, epidemiological monitoring, research, billing, cost control and care improvement (including Quality improvement)
- Ensures appropriate and accurate coding of morbidity, mortality and surgical procedures using ICD codes
- Oversees and coordinates the compilation and preparation of medical statistical returns
- Ensures compatibility of data with the District Health Information Management system at the facility level
- Reviews records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Ensures data validation and plays active role in performance reviews
- Provides technical advice on matters relating to health information management
- Provides technical support to health informatics staff
- Ensures confidentiality of information obtained in the course of professional practice
- Performs any other duties and projects that may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or his/her accredited representative from time to time
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of BSc. in Health Information or its equivalent. A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years postgraduate qualification working experience at a level of Senior Biostatistics officer
- Evidence of professional registration and licensing
- Proven evidence of continuing professional development research experience
- Experience in management of health information systems
- Must possess knowledge of statistical techniques, medical terminology and computer systems
- Demonstrated skills in human relations, communication, presentation, analytical and problem
- Ability to take initiative and to influence others positively
How To Apply – The Trust Hospital Calls For Job Applications
Interested applicants should submit their application letters with contact details, CVs indicating educational, professional training and working experience, names & addresses of two referees, copies of relevant certificates to the address below:
The Human Resources Manager,
PMB 16 Ministries – Accra
E-Mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 31st May, 2022
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED.