There is a job vacancy for Tailings Manager At Anglogold Ashanti. They are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team.
Role Purpose And Context
The Tailings Manager will on behalf of the Processing Department offer technical support to the mine by leading his/her team to ensure the mine is compliant with the approved industry standard for TSF operations, maintenance and using monitoring tools to forecast the conditions and behaviour of the facilities.
The incumbent will also be the liaison between the mine and other external stakeholders especially auditors and regulatory bodies supported by the necessary documentations.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Ensure 100% Compliance to set OHS KPIs and ensure your direct reports also comply with same.
- Contribute to the Processing Department target to achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero breaches and no events requiring public disclosure (DOS).
- Utilise Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate the dam’s structural behaviour.
- Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate with sphere of influence (DO).
- Contribute to the Processing Department’s objective to eliminate hydrocarbon and hyper saline water spills.
- Support with the preparation and execution of training and development plans.
- Communicate policies and procedures to stakeholders in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance.
- Manage the activities of the TSF in compliance with AGA TSF management framework and GISTM.
- Maintain Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) key performance indicators (KPI’s) including freeboard, pool distances and pool depth and adherence to the standard operating procedure (SOP) at the TSF.
- Produce reports based on interpretation of daily, weekly and monthly monitoring information.
- Monitor the performance of the TSF, observe and report on effectiveness of maintenance of all TSFs
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Geotechnical/Geological Engineering or its equivalent.
- Certified Engineer or Professional Engineer with Ghana Institution of Engineers
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations, construction and management of Tailings Storage Facility.
- Preferably 5 – 8 years in a management/ senior supervisory role
- TSF Commissioning Experience.
- Experience and good understanding of total mining cycle.
- Proven experience in collaborating with the government and international regulators.
How To Apply For Tailings Manager At Anglogold Ashanti
Closing Date: 13th September, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED