There are SHS Job Opportunities At United Nations. They are hiring Public Information Assistants. This position is located in the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in Accra, within the Information Centres Service (ICS), Strategic Communications Division (SCD), Department of Global Communications (DGC).
- Manages, updates and further develops internal databases; updates web sites and social media accounts, to include drafting and editing content; assists in design, development and maintenance of Internet applications; generates a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases.
- Researches, compiles and presents basic information for use in the preparation and production of communications products/services.
- Serves as photographic assistant by producing digital imaging, producing photo prints, and serving as back-up photographer; write captions for UN photos.
- Coordinates media coverage of important events; liaises with news and publications agencies, public relations firms, UN photographers, etc. to provide advance notice of, and information on, upcoming meetings, briefings and special events and to ascertain coverage requirements; coordinates technical arrangements and organizes and allocates space for visiting news, photo, TV and film personnel; evaluates and processes applications for UN security clearances/accreditations.
- Participates in the planning and coordination of major exhibits; liaises with relevant departments/agencies; drafts and edits reports, production schedules, press releases and related texts, and correspondence related to the planning and production of exhibits.
- Using relevant computer software, creates designs in appropriate format for promotional and other material, e.g. brochures, presentational materials, announcements, video, audio, website and social media content, etc.; ensures that photos, graphics, etc. are appropriate and conform to UN standards for communications materials.
- Ensures availability and appropriate packaging of products for distribution at special events, exhibits, conferences, media functions, etc.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required (WASSCE)
- A minimum of five years of experience in public information, communications, public relations, administration and/or related area is required.
- Experience in newswriting and editing skills is required.
- Experience with social media and digital communication platforms is desirable.
- Experience in working with Excel, Power-point, MS word, project management software, lotus notes and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System (known as UMOJA within the United Nations) is desirable.
- Experience in budget, finance and procurement is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
How To Apply For SHS Job Opportunities At United Nations
Application Period: 10th August, 2022 – 09th September, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED