There is a job vacancy for Senior Planning Engineer-LT At Anglogold Ashanti. They are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join their dedicated team
Role Purpose And Context (Senior Planning Engineer At Anglogold Ashanti)
To give confidence in the Mining Plan by reviewing and interrogating existing data from the life of mine process and produce realistic designs that enable plans and schedules to be produced at the required standard for short-term planning and production systems.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Define mine planning activities and schedules for tracking of mining operational readiness tasks
- Generate a 12 month mine schedule with respect to geotechnically re-sequenced stopes to include diamond drilling activities
- Provide unequivocal Mine Planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop quarterly, rolling forecast plans with sufficient details for implementation by the mining contractor
- Ensure mine quarterly forecast is aligned with annual budget to meet the general strategic intent; mine design, infrastructure specifications, diamond drilling requirements, production schedules, unit costs, identified risks and issues.
- Deliver the work of the Mine Planning function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Production Engineering department regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Mine Planning team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
Qualification And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- A post Degree would be considered a strong asset
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ proven experience in mine planning in an underground mining environment of which at least five (5) years at senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department
- Proficient with Mine Planning Software
- Knowledge of a variety of mining methods applicable to the site.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Understands key elements constituting site safety system.
- Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioural based observations.
- Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures.
- Extensive experience and understanding of mining production process/practices.
- Understanding of good production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Ability to develop innovative technical ideas/practices with regards to different mining methods and their application.
- Extensive knowledge of Mining Methods and strengths and weaknesses of the methods and the applicable use.
- Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design including optimisation.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design and scheduling to achieve Business outcomes.
- Ability to generate and act as competent person for annual mine reserves statements.
- Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
- Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
- Can propose, draft, and analyse potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager
How To Apply For Senior Planning Engineer At Anglogold Ashanti
Closing Date: 2nd August, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED