There is a job vacancy for the position of Senior Geotechnical Engineer at AngloGold.
Role Purpose And Context At Anglogold Ashanti:
To develop and lead an effective site Geotechnical Engineering team capable of continuously enhancing performance whilst delivering on the business objectives / targets. To mitigate geotechnical risk by identifying geotechnical hazards and advising appropriate actions.
Check Also: Exciting Career Opportunities At Lively Minds
- Establish the necessary Geotechnical processes and practices for the operations of the Anglogold Obuasi Mine.
- Provide unequivocal Geotechnical planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Geotechnical cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans.
- Deliver the work of the Geotechnical function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Geotechnical department and with own Geotechnical team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development.
- Responsible and accountable for their team’s environmental obligations and performances by conducting informal meetings with team and reporting any weaknesses in the environmental procedures.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures that have been issued by the Departmental Manager.
- Investigate all environmental incidents in their assigned work areas. Immediately after an incident, complete an incident report form and submit to the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative. A preliminary investigation report and any recommendations for preventing a recurrence should be included on the incident report form.
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements.
Recommended: Amazing Job Opportunities At Absa Bank
Qualification And Experience;
To qualify for this position at Anglogold, you must have:
- BSc in Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or similar.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience and demonstrated technical capability and knowledge of open pit and/or underground mining geotechnical design and implementation
- Demonstrated capability to conduct technical geotechnical work with limited supervision
- Experience in the use of Mining Geotechnical Software;
- Good Communication Skills.
You Might Also Like:New Job Opening At ACET
How To Submit An Application For Senior Geotechnical Engineer (AngloGold)
Click this Link to submit an application.
Deadline: 5th December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED