There is a job vacancy for Senior Evaluation Review Consultant/Team Lead At KNUST.
Purpose For Senior Evaluation Review Consultant/Team Lead At KNUST
To complete a multi-sectoral evaluation review, quality assessment, and synthesis of USAID Africa regional evaluations completed between 2017 through 2021.
IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS: United States Department of Agriculture and Foreign Agriculture Services (USDA/FAS); United States Agency for International Development (USAID); University of Rhode Island (URI); and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST).
The quality of USAID evaluations conducted in the Africa region has gradually improved since the adoption of the Agency’s Evaluation Policy in 2012.
However, there are still significant quality challenges which have been documented through various evaluation quality assessments conducted by various USAID Bureaus.
Several years have passed since the last evaluation quality assessments were conducted. An updated regionally specific evaluation quality review will assess whether or not there has been further improvement of the quality of African evaluations.
It will identify evaluation quality gaps that need to be addressed and inform Mission evaluation capacity strengthening interventions accordingly. It will also synthesize sectorally-specific technical findings and best practices to make them more accessible to management staff.
USAID expects that the results of this activity will raise awareness among Africa Mission and Africa Bureau leadership about the strengths and weaknesses of the evaluations produced by the Bureau as a whole. Information on factors affecting evaluation quality will help the Bureau and Missions to devise strategies for quality improvement.
In addition, this assessment will shed some light on overall project/activity performance in the Africa Region, including some of the key factors that facilitate or inhibit performance across key sectors. This information will, in turn, help improve project and activity designs.
Key Questions of the Evaluation Quality Assessment and Synthesis
The proposed assessment seeks to answer the following questions:
• What do Africa evaluations (evaluations funded/commissioned by USAID Operating Units in the Africa Region) completed between 2018 and 2022 tell us about overall strengths and weaknesses in quality evaluation implementation? Where do the greatest opportunities for improvement lie?
• What are the key programmatic lessons learned from this review related to aspects of project design, implementation, and performance?
A team of three to four evaluation consultants will complete this work in tandem. The assessment will be conducted using modified tools/ a checklist developed for a previous evaluation quality assessment. The tools consist of a) a checklist comprised of a set of questions (38 in total) related to USAID evaluation quality factors/criteria, b) a shorter checklist of 10 questions to help generate an overall score of evaluation quality, and c) a questionnaire to help capture four to five aspects of program design, implementation, and performance. These tools will be modified (simplified) by the assessment team in collaboration with the Africa Bureau.
Africa Bureau will use the report synthesizing the findings from this assessment to determine topics on which it will develop additional guidance, products, and technical support to improve the quality of evidence generated by Africa evaluations.
USAID Missions will use the findings from this assessment to improve the quality of their evaluations by addressing the key factors that hinder the generation of high-quality evaluations for evidence-based decision-making. Missions and other technical centers will also rely upon the technical synthesis to inform the design and implementation of current and future programming.
Deliverables and Period of Performance
The activity will have a three-month period of performance, from mid/late August through late November 2022. A detailed timeline will be finalized based on team composition and availability.
• Draft and Final Activity Workplan
• Updated Assessment Checklists and Content Analysis Questionnaire
• Draft and Final Evaluation Quality and Synthesis Report incorporating programmatic lessons learned
• Draft and Final Report Summary (briefer)
• Report presentation/webinar
Position 1: Senior Evaluation Review Consultant/Team Lead (1)
Type of position: International hire
Expected duration of assignment: 22 August 2022 to 30 November 2022
Hours: Full time
Salary: To be determined by experience and education
Role and Responsibilities
- The Senior Evaluation Consultant/Team Lead will oversee all the activities and production and delivery of activity deliverables.
- S/He will report to both KNUST and USDA managers of this project to ensure challenges related to this activity are addressed in a timely manner.
- S/He will ensure tasks are implemented as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Qualification Required & Experience
S/He will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international development or related social science field
- At least 10 years of experience designing and conducting USAID or other major donor evaluations
- Excellent data synthesis, report writing, and communication/presentation skills
- Familiarity with USAID or other donor evaluation quality assessment tools
- General knowledge of USAID programming sectors including education, health, water and sanitation, democracy and governance, and economic growth (agriculture, climate change/environment, energy, and trade/investment)
- Strong knowledge/familiarity with USAID Evaluation Policy and evaluation quality standards
- Experience as Evaluation Team lead preferredLocation: Kumasi
How To Apply For Senior Evaluation Review Consultant/Team Lead At KNUST
To apply for any of the positions, please email your application pack to Dr. Albert Arhin ([email protected]) with a copy to Isaac Yamoah ([email protected]) and [email protected]
Your application should include the following in English:
- a cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- a curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages)
- three names and contact details for persons who are knowledgeable about your capabilities and experience.
- a writing sample (for all positions). Writing sample includes a technical report, journal article, brochure and relevant write-ups related to the position.
Closing Date: 12th August, 2022
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted with the goal of filling the roles as soon as possible. Applications received after 12 August 2022 will not be considered.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED