The is a career opportunity for the role of Regional VP HR at Newmont Mining Corporation.
In this role you will:
- Continue to advance the HR strategy aligned to Newmont’s priorities encompassing employee relations, industrial relations, total rewards organizational development and design, talent management, learning and development, inclusion & diversity, HRIS, and HR compliance.
- Actively support the execution of the regional business plans through efficient processes in all areas of HR utilizing continuous improvement efforts, industry best practices, and technology.
- Drive organizational change across the region and in alignment with desired culture shifts (collaboration, innovation, people development and an environment of transparency and openness); support integration of every site into the broader Newmont culture.
- Continue to drive employee engagement and productivity across all levels, including professional, technical, and operations workforces; with an eye toward motivating and inspiring the next generation of diverse and inclusive leaders
- Implement the workforce planning practices and criteria that ensures a robust and diverse talent pipeline of people who are fully capable of delivering position requirements and have sufficient growth potential to support succession and growth at all levels of the operation.
- As a member of the regional leadership team, contribute to the definition and execution of the regional operational and growth strategies; including integration of new projects and operations.
- As a member of the global HR leadership team, contribute to the overall HR strategy for the enterprise and ensure the regional and site perspective and requirements are considered and integrated.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement new or improved strategies for the HR function at the regional and mine-site level, in alignment with corporate strategies, policies and procedures.
- Using a practical approach, identify, initiate, and execute HR projects and programs that will have a long-term impact for the regional business ensuring proper stakeholdering, change management and sustainment.
- Provide strategic direction, counsel, and partnership with the regional senior management team as it relates to HR initiatives. Assist with the long-term regional and Life of Mine work plans. Also provide HR perspective and coaching to regional team members.
See Also: Amazing Job Ad At AirtelTigo
Newmont ‘s training, skills, & experience checklist For The Role: Regional VP HR
The successful candidate will demonstrate integrity above reproach, have proven experience as an HR leader in an international organization with a sound technical background in all aspects of HR. Prior experience in best-in-class capital intensive, heavy industrial multinationals of similar size and complexity. The Regional Human Resources Vice President will bring unique ideas and be able to provide commercially astute insights, thoughtful conversation and measured strategic guidance, and possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Led country and/or regional HR administration of multi-site, multi-functional organizations, in partnership with senior leadership and in collaboration with corporate HR leaders.
- Experience Designing and delivering an HR strategy for a region or business unit
- Built and maintained good working relationships with executives, senior management, and asset leaders. Be regarded as a trusted business advisor and partner.
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to manage unique regional considerations; display an elevated level of empathy and strong emotional intelligence and possess a reputation for sound business partnership and people leadership.
- Built and maintained constructive relationships with labour unions, communities, and other external partners; with a proven reputation in managing conflict. Track record of successfully delivering agreements and managing partnerships with unions.
- Regarded as an inspirational people leader. Previously led and mentored highly effective HR teams within a matrixed managed organization. Cultivates teamwork across functions and locations (global, regional, and corporate).
- Partner as the primary contact for the head of the business, geography/division
- Well-rounded business knowledge and strong business acumen, with the ability to contribute to the team beyond the HR function and identify risk across the region. Be able to demonstrate a strong connection in terms of production, profit and loss, operating margins, and global and domestic business influences.
- Developed and implemented short- and long-term HR strategies, policies, programs and initiatives with supporting infrastructure and resources including HRIS systems. A proven record of accomplishment of aligning the HR strategy to the business resulting in improved organizational performance.
View: Amazing Job Slots At UENR
Working conditions & location:
- The position is located at the Africa Regional office in Accra and will regularly travel nationally to the mine sites with some international travel to the Denver Head Office.
- Extended and unexpected hours is the norm.
How To Forward Your Job Application To Newmont For Regional VP HR
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED