Program Manager PQMPlus at US Pharmacopeia. USP’s Promoting the Quality of Medicine (PQM+) Program Manager will be responsible for managing technical assistance and capacity building projects in USP’s PQM+ portfolios in West Africa to achieve program goals and ensure that activities are aligned with each portfolio’s needs and priorities. S/he will need to work independently and strategically, coordinating closely with USP HQ as well as in-country consultants. S/he needs to be able to problem solve and be willing to roll up their sleeves to accomplish objectives on time.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Participates in strategic planning discussions and leads the design of project activities in close collaboration with the senior program manager-west Africa, country leads and other GHMS staff.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the senior program manager, leads the planning and implementation of the assigned project activities to include development of annual workplans, activity monitoring matrices/implementation plans, performance monitoring plans, and progress reports with the support of the M&E team.
- Lead cross-functional project management teams to include technical, M&E, and finance staff to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines, while remaining within the defined project scope and budget.
- Manages timelines/deadlines and provides quality control support for project deliverables to ensure effective, efficient, and compliant project implementation.
- Develops scopes of work and manage sub-awardees, consultants, and vendors, as applicable while ensuring compliance to donor rules and regulations and USP policies.
- Delivers timely and high-quality donor reports; ensures M&E data is regularly collected and documented; and works with other staff, including field staff, to develop global reports that demonstrate progress towards achieving specific targets.
- Proactively anticipates, identifies, and facilitates resolution of potential project issues and risks relating to delays in implementation of project activities.
- Develops materials for both internal and external audiences, including briefing documents, success stories, case studies, and presentations.
- Develops project budgets and monitors project expenditures to ensure activities are implemented within budget and prepares pipelines/projections as needed in collaboration with Finance staff.
- Develops effective working relationships with USAID, Global Fund, World Bank and other donors and key partners; and represents GPH at key stakeholder meetings.
- Ensures good records management, according to USP and donor policies.
Program Manager PQMPlus at US Pharmacopeia
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, public health, or related field required
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in managing public health programs in low- and middle-income countries in Africa and Asia; an equivalent combination of experience and education may be substituted.
- Experience working with high-level officials in funding agencies, international organizations, private foundations, ministries of health.
- Master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, public health, or related field preferred
- Experience working with international non-governmental organizations and national diseases programs strongly preferred in low- and middle-income countries
- Extensive understanding of how medicine regulatory systems function in low- and middle-income countries
- Demonstrated experience working with and familiarity with USAID required.
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes
- Must possess ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally at least 30% of the time.
- Significant experience as a team player and commitment to bringing about change through a partnership approach
- Fluent in French
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, co
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention’s (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully present vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world’s top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
How To Apply for the Program Manager PQMPlus at US Pharmacopeia
Deadline: August 3, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED