There is a new permanent work Opening At BBC. The media outlet is looking for a talented and motivated video producer to be based in Ghana to pitch, develop ideas, deploy, produce and reversion digital video content independently with editorial guidance or collaboratively with others.
This position will sit alongside digital, production and journalism roles that will generate fresh, innovative and engaging stories for multiple platforms.
Check Also: Recent Job Notice At African Union
- This role primarily initiates, gathers and produces material for news, current affairs and general programming for digital platforms. You will be expected to routinely self-shoot and edit complete packages for use across multiple platforms.
- Ensure content is accurate and informative whilst striving for creative and imaginative output, and adhere to the best standards of video production.
- To record video interviews and other types of original content as required and work with graphics and visual journalism teams to produce creative and original sequences.
- Use analytics to inform video story choices and ensure the content is delivered in the right format(s).
BBC ‘s Requirements For The Permanent Work Opening
- Bilingual language expertise is preferred: A full command and up to date knowledge of a key World Service regional language as first (or equivalent) language as well as complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to originate, plan, develop and produce engaging digital content on complex political and social issues that will appeal to African and global audiences, particularly among women and young people.
- Experience of digital newsgathering, filming and filing video from the field, and proven ability to confidently use editing and production tools as required. A knowledge of outside broadcast techniques would be an advantage.
- A good presence on camera and experience of social media lives would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of data analytics and experience of using it to shape the content and meet the needs of different audience groups.
- Track record of encouraging, guiding and assisting colleagues who are new and unfamiliar with video and digital.
Location: Accra – Ghana
How To Submit An Application
Send Your Application To BBC Here
Closing Date: 30th April, 2023
NB: This role is on local terms and conditions.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED