Are you looking to progress in your career? The Sandvik has have an exciting career opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our West Africa team in Kumasi, Ghana.
About Your Job:
- Develop and implement the West Africa Sales Area commercial strategy aligned to the divisional strategies.
- Adjust the commercial strategy to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Determine how to best engage with new businesses to minimize the commercial risk and maximize overall profitability in accordance with prevailing Business Area (BA) policies.
- Develop and maintain standard Sandvik Mining and Rock Solution’s (SMR) quotation/proposal/contract templates to drive consistent customer experience and mitigate commercial and legal risk.
- Develop standard templates and documents.
- Local implementation of global framework agreements.
- Manage the process of business risk assessment of contracts (new and amended) prior to business commitment, for sales areas and any distributor network within the region.
- Assess risks and viability of the long-term profitability, in collaboration with key stakeholders (e.g., BLMs and Business Controller) of proposed deals; query logic, ensure business cases are comprehensive and include any bundled (more than one Division) deals, in accordance with the bundling process, which requires an unbiased assessment of overall risk/benefits to SMR.
- Follow up with BLMs to ensure all relevant P&L global stakeholders have been included in the review process for new businesses and communicate where required.
- Responsible for Organizing training on commercial excellence. This includes benchmark practices, applicable business area policies, and Sandvik ways of working to embed commercial management tools, systems, and processes; review gap analyses and recommend additional training where required.
- Participate in the formulation of the SA strategy in line with company strategy.
- Responsible for logging and investigating any process deviations within the region, recommending next steps to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
See Also: Career Opportunity At Newmont Mining Corporation
- A minimum of 1st Degree in Finance, Commerce, Supply Chain, Law, or related areas is essential. A master’s degree or professional legal qualification with a focus on commercial contracts will be a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with contractual documents and managing commercial issues, with 3 to 5 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated ability in assessing commercial risk as part of undertaking new business, leading negotiation strategy development, and participating in negotiations.
- Experience in contract development would be advantageous with an understanding of legal terms and conditions.
- Strong comprehension of financial reporting and business case assessment
- Experience in the development and execution of process audits, and in the development of new processes/policies/procedures
- Ability to identify relevant facts and risks as well as the bigger picture.
- French Language Proficiency will be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 is essential.
License or Certificates
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
- Able to clear a criminal background check.
How To Submit An Application To Sandvik For The Job Opportunity
Closing Date: 11th June, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED