There is an Open Call For African Artists for AU20. This year, the African Union celebrates its 20th anniversary since the organization’s establishment at the Durban Summit of July 2002. Dubbed AU20, the celebrations are taking place under the theme “Our Africa, Our Future” and will focus on the AU’s initiatives, successes, impact, challenges and the way forward.
As part of this commemoration, the African Union (AU), in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), is hosting a residency programme under the AU20 project for established artists from across Africa to produce a piece of work that celebrates the unity and potential of the African continent.
The three-week artists residency will take place at the Loman Art House in Dakar, Senegal from 7 to 28 November 2022. The residency will culminate in a public event in Dakar to showcase and discuss the creative work
What is Expected of the Artists:
- Be willing to commit to the entirety of the residency programme in Dakar, Senegal.
- Selected artists will create a series of artwork (1 to 3 depending on the medium) or a series of photographs (5 to 10) for exhibition at Loman Art House, at the African Union Commission and as a feature in the AU20 e-book anthology.
- Participate in the public event at the end of the residency, photography and videography of the creation process, and any publicity that may arise from the programme.
What Artists Receive:
- All travel costs to, from and within Senegal.
- Accommodation and board at Loman Art House in Senegal.
- Workshop space within the Loman Art House premises.
- A stipend of US$1,000.
- Basic costs for tools and art materials will be covered.
- Trips to relevant places of interest while in Senegal.
- Meetings with key people in the Senegalese/African creative space.
- Established artists with at least one prior exhibition in a recognized art gallery.
- Digital art and videograpghy applicants should be actively engaged in contemporary artistic practice and show evidence of a national and international exhibition record, screening and audience.
- Artists must be able to communicate in French or English.
- Artists must be both nationals of, and resident in, any African country.
- Artists must own a valid passport and be willing to travel to Senegal to participate in the physical residency.
How To Apply For The Open Call For African Artists AU20
Closing Date: 30th September, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED