There is a new job vacancy at New Job Update At Dangote Group. The company is hiring a Transport Controller.
- Responsible for carrying out the entire Department’s Administrative and personnel functions
- Ensures strict adherence to group’s administrative and Human Resources Policy
- Provide financial management and accounting support to all aspects of the business (fleets)
Admin And HR Job Function
- Coordinate the activities of all staff of Admin Department for effective performance of the Transport Division
- Drawing up broad policy guidelines for proper Administration of Transport Division.
- Keeping proper documents of all company Assets.
- Handling public relations of the company and image boosting.
- Enforcing staff discipline through properly laid-down disciplinary justice system in line with Management’s policy.
- Designing training program for staff in line with Management’s policy.
- Ensuring that all departments are adequately staffed through a proactive manpower planning system.
- Ensuring that benefits are paid to them without undue delay
- Liaise with other Unit Heads in the Group with a view to ensuring co-operative spirit and mutual understanding with other Units.
- Recruitment and Selection of staff.
- Assigning job Descriptions and Targets.
- Initiate and measure Staff Performance through constant Appraisal exercise
- Acquisition and Maintenance of Pool Cars and Motor-cycles.
- Provision of Printed materials, office stationary and other utility items.
- Conduct monthly Staff Census.
- Administration of company’s Staff Welfare Programs.
- Health, safety and environment
- Initiate and Coordinate relationship with hospitals and clinics with regards to attendance to employees’ health and safety.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Plant Manager
Accounts Job Schedule
- Follow-up on ensuring that financial resources are in place to support efficient operation of the business
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Finance Department by ensuring that set targets are met for the Local Transport Division.
- Ensures that all postings are correctly coded by checking all transactions coding before posting
- Ensure that all Transactions are completely posted
- Check all transactions to ensure that internal control is adhered to
- Check all daybook / invoice payment journal on daily basis against previous days entries and supervises the postings.
- Reconcile all account balances with their respective schedules / subsidiary ledgers
- Investigate all outstanding reconcilable items and effect correction entries
- Ensure that Staff Debtors, Loan Advances and Drivers deductions schedules are prepared and reconciled with the General Ledger.
- Ensure Truck Accounting reports are properly prepared and timely
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the General Manager of Account
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration or its equivalent
- Post-graduate/ professional qualification in Accounting/Finance like ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills & Behaviour
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial management
- In-depth understanding of transportation and supply chain business
- Working knowledge of IFRS accounting system
- Good Knowledge of ERP accounting systems like SAP
- Good knowledge of Treasury management and cash reconciliations
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
How To Apply For The New Job Update At Dangote Group
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED