There is a New Job Opening At Ashesi University. The school is hiring an Assistant Director of HR.
The role of the Assistant Director of HR is responsible for assisting the Director of HR in creating and implementing crucial HR policies and programs that enable Ashesi to achieve its mission and goals. The role also assesses all HR practices to ensure that they are implemented consistently and in line with applicable legislation. The incumbent also looks for cost-effective opportunities to boost productivity within the university. As a senior professional within the HR department the Assistant Director of HR serves as a coach and mentor providing expert advice and support to the rest of the team.
A primary responsibility of the Assistant Director of HR is to develop, incorporate, and manage various HR processes, policies, and procedures. This is to ensure consistency and optimal performance when it comes to essential HR tasks such as hiring, promotion, onboarding, recruitment, and performance management.
The Assistant Director of Human Resources performs research, analyzes crucial HR practices, and finds solutions for different kinds of issues. To arrive at optimal outcomes, they do this by using both internal data and competitor analysis.
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Work directly with the Director of HR to strategize recruitment processes and supervise the administration aspect of recruitment which includes but is not limited to job advertisements on the Ashesi website and in the newspapers and liaising with recruitment agencies among other advertisement platforms.
- Work with the Director of HR and HR Coordinator in recruitment and staffing of full time and part-time employees.
- Support orientation and on-boarding for all new employees.
- Working with the HR coordinator and Director of HR on budget control and office workflow.
- Take over duties of the Director of HR when necessary.
- Track contract expiration dates and leave records for all employees.
- Administer contracts for new employees; renew expired contracts for the next semester prior to the start of the semester.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Review, interpret and recommend policy, process or program improvements.
- Work with HR Coordinator on all relevant correspondence between the department and internal and external stakeholders (i.e., regulators such as GTEC, SSNIT, etc.)
HR Analytics and HR Information Systems (HRIS):
- Train employees on the use of the HR System and any new added features.
- Ensure employee information on the HR system is up to date.
- Work with the Director of HR and IT Team to review, test and implement HRIS system upgrades or patches.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data from the HR system including but not limited to, employee turnover, time off, and performance data.
- Create custom reports as and when requested.
- Liaise with the HRIS system providers to solve any issues in relation to the system, and to work on any customization needed for the system.
- Support or lead the management of employee surveys (e.g., on remuneration, employee satisfaction etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or business management is preferred.
- HR professional certification such as SHRM or CIPD will be an advantage
- At least 4 years’ experience in HR practice at a mid- to senior level
How To Apply For The New Job Opening At Ashesi University
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED