A new job is now open at Modec. The position of Marine CCR Technician is currently vacant at the company.
- Ensures all Cargo watch keeping equipment is functioning correctly.
- Ensures all appropriate navigational equipments such as CAR system, VHF,AIS etc are working properly
- Monitors FPSO stability with reference to stability, trim, stress and bending moments when on shift.
- Implements the cargo and ballast plan when on shift.
- Manages the discharge of produced water to designated plan when on shift.
- Monitors all vessels in the vicinity by maintaining an efficient Radar / AIS and VHF watch, in accordance with ISPS duties.
- Provides helicopter pilot information required for landing and takeoff activities including weather updates, closely liaises with HLO during helicopter operations. Acts as a flight keeper for helicopter operations until handover to shore base Ops.
- Communicates with the shore base helicopter information including passenger names weights, freight, weather and timings.
- Assists Marine Technician with tank washing and gas freeing operations as “responsible person”.
- Ensures that the offtake equipment and machineries, such as the IG system, offtake meter and prover, cargo pumps, are functioning correctly.
- Ensures that all communications equipment is functioning properly.
- Periodic inspection of cargo/hydraulic lines.
- Acts as helicopter deck crew when required.
- Ensure the tests on GMDSS equipment are carried out in accordance with SOLAS
- Ensure that all Marine related communications equipment is functioning properly
- Assist with Maintenance activities like weekly/ monthly and Periodic inspections all Life Saving Appliance (LSA) and Fire Fighting appliances (FFA).
Suggested: Full Time Job At Abt Associates
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bsc Nautical Science or equivalent Marine Operations background
- Minimum 2nd Mates Certificate of Competency or higher with Tanker Endorsement
- GMDSS Operators Certificate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Preferred but not essential, an HLO or helideck crew valid certificate
- +5 years’ experience onboard crude oil/product carriers
- Relevant operating experience on an FPSO or similar facility preferred and detailed knowledge of tanker operations, including crude oil washing, inert gas systems and marine safety systems.
- Experience with safety management systems preferred.
- Experience in berthing and unberthing large vessels at offshore moorings preferred.
Other Suggested Posts: Job Employment At American Bureau Of Shipping
How To Submit An Application For The New Job Open At Modec
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED