A Mining Engineer – Drill & Blast (QAQC) is needed at Anglogold Ashanti. The role purpose is to provide support to ensure integration of the drill and blast functions across the Mining Engineering sections within the mining department.
The incumbent will assist in the development and implementation of mining designs and schedules, monitor and report production performance.
- Monitor and provide comprehensive report on drilling performance on daily basis
- Analyze drill and blast data and statistics for management decision making
- Develop Drill & Blast design & scheduling for weekly and monthly plan
- Monitor Drill & Blast cost, planning, reconciliation, and EOM processes
- Constant on field support and auditing of drill and blast processes
- Contribute to maintaining a safe workplace for all employees and external service providers by complying with existing processes and procedures
- Complies with existing processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified
- Ensure that the use of department resources and time are improved to ensure delivery of the required designs
- Utilizes and maintains processes to ensure the development of optimized plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements
- Utilize established systems to collect and manage operational data, monitor performance and for identifying opportunities to drive operational excellence.
- Establish and maintain appropriate communications within the department and other departments by maintaining appropriate relationships.
- Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement, sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Diploma in Mining Engineering or its equivlent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 2 years working experience, preferably within the Drill & Blast operations of an open pit mining environment
- Must have completed Graduate Training Programme with the Mining Department
- Certified or eligible to be certified as Foreman or Blasting Certificate of competency from MINCOM
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in Datamine’s Data blast Software
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Must posses very strong human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and proficiency in driving light vehicle
How To Apply For Mining Engineer – Drill & Blast (QAQC) At Anglogold
Closing Date: 27th July, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED