There is a job vacancy for Metallurgical Superintendent At Anglogold Ashanti. They are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join their dedicated team.
Role Purpose And Context
The Metallurgical Superintendent is generally responsible for everything QA/QC that the department is involved with including data management, efficiencies, and researching into opportunities for the future.
The incumbent with directives from the Plant Manager -Technical, should always be armed with sound reasons behind the good, the bad and the ugly of what is happening on the plant and give technical guidance to the operations team and as well be involved with setting up robust metallurgical data management system and inform plant management and any stakeholders with timely and meaningful technical reports in support of the department operations.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance for breaches.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with action plans developed to prevent recurrences
- Contribute to the Metallurgy Department target to achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilise ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate with sphere of influence.
- Clearly define the roles and accountabilities of team members.
- Support the recruitment and appointment of people to role in as directed by and in consultation with process management
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Provide guidance and leadership to achieve maximum performance among the team.
- Actively support the design and review of Process Automation, control systems and Metallurgical accounting.
- Conduct quality assurance on external Laboratory services providers.
- Assist in the drafting and review of all service contracts of the processing plant.
- Design Biox bacteria Inoculum builds up program and facilitate its implementation.
- Design and implement sampling regimes for data acquisition and reporting
- Manage process monitoring equipment, calibrations, and certifications
Qualification And Experience
- Bachelors in Metallurgy, Mineral, Material or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- At least 8 – 10 years’ experience in a processing plant; preferably 5 – 8 years at a middle management role.
- Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
- Proven experience in collaborating with plant operations maintenance department
- Plant performance and efficiency
- Strategy development and implementation experience
- Plant maintenance control
- Knowledge in SCADA and process control.
- Budgeting and budget control including the understanding of interdepartmental costing
- Proven Metallurgical Accounting with implementation of databases
- Demonstrable knowledge of metallurgical research processes including test work procedures, circuit and financial modelling
- Proven knowledge of engineering principles of process equipment
How To Apply For Metallurgical Superintendent At Anglogold Ashanti
Closing Date: 26th July, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED