Everydaynewsgh presents to you the Marie Stopes International Ghana Job Vacancy. Marie Stopes, a branch of MS Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and rights organisation in Ghana providing high quality, safe services, and advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has access to safe services when and where they are needed SIG has a vacancy for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience.
MSIG’s goal is to meet the
needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
At MS Reproductive Choices we are
unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
Job Title: Health Promotion Officer – South Eastern
Key Responsibilities (Marie Stopes International Ghana Job vacancy)
Partnership and Network building
- Engage with GHS DHMT to make sure FP is placed as the fore front of district plans.
- Attending quarterly GHS review meeting and following up on action plans.
- Liaise with capacity building team and GHS to intensify implementation of the work schedule for the project period.
- Assist in facilitating community entry approaches in all communities through innovative
- Provides monitoring oversight to all project sites
- Consistently work to ensures adequate community involvement in the project
Project Management, Demand Generation and Financial Responsibilities
- Lead the adaptation of demand generation strategies for family planning in each site with support of GHS Health Promotion Officers by ensuring site orientation, undertaking community entry, community needs assessment & community consultation and setting up of community health management Committees
- Ensure follow up training for GHS Community Health Nurses (CHN)
- Work with CHNs to draft and sign-off specific quarterly demand generation plans based on opportunities identified in their communities
- Work with GHS Health Promotion Officers and Providers (CHNs) to ensure quarterly demand action plan is executed and outcomes measured and documented in Marketing Activity Reports
- Lead joint Demand Generation impact monitoring
- Conduct whole facility orientation-Ensure that all staff in every facility are fully oriented on the project model to support demand and supply of FP services
- Monitor and support transition of teams in accordance with the project model
- Responsible for the coordination of all capacity building activities
- Support clinical governance at both the team and facility level
- Monitor budget and other resources given to GHS to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in use of financial resources and report accordingly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/Development studies or any related field.
- Master’s degree is desirable
- Other relevant professional qualifications.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 4-years post-graduation experience
- At least 3-years’ experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent coordination skills
- Computer skills (office package and search engines)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- Be able to work on own initiative and motivate others to achieve results
- Good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels government, donor and community
- Passionate about field work
- Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results
- Pro-choice and Pro-family planning
This is a local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana. Females are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply For The Marie Stopes International Ghana Job Vacancy
Please submit your application by filling this online form HERE
Closing Date: 6th July, 2022.
Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED