Here is another exciting vacancy for a Legal & Compliance Head at Farmerline Limited.
About Farmerline Limited
Farmerline is the fastest growing Agtech company in Africa with a recent pre-Series A funding of $14 million led by Acumen Resilient Agriculture Fund (ARAF) and FMO, the Dutch entrepreneurial development bank and nine other global investors.
We are a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Moreover, We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Legal & Compliance Head at Farmerline: Role Overview
The legal and compliance Lead will oversee the provision of legal advice on business matters, such as patents, contracts, labor agreements, regulatory measures, taxation, and intellectual property rights.
The role will be focused on researching cases, drafting contracts, developing diverse corporate procedures, managing budgets, ensuring regulatory compliance, drafting codes of conduct, litigating course cases, and protecting the reputation and assets of the company.
- Lead the drafting, preparation and review of all business contracts, agreements to ensure compliance with all required laws and protection of the Company’s best interest.
- Acts as a source of expert current knowledge of all legal, ethics & compliance programs and supports the development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture
- Initiates a communication program that ensures a clear understanding of legal compliance standards required of individuals conducting high risk activities in Farmerline’s business
- Assess level of compliance with established policies, procedures and standards, across the organization as well as adequacy of internal controls within business, financial processes and operations
- Research and analyze the laws, regulations, policies, and rules that govern Farmerline’s work in Ghana and other areas of operation.
Policies and Procedures
- Lead in drafting internal policies that ensure external compliance.
- Performs proactive risk assessment to identify business processes in the country and advise on which may represent a risk for the company, with an emphasis on financial, business controls and efficient business processes.
- In consultation with department managers develop and implement strategies to manage risks.
- Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in response to legal requirements, legislation changes and company policy requirements
- Responsible for reporting and escalating risks, legal issues and best practices.
- Develop and maintain a risk assessment matrix while running a quarterly analysis of vulnerabilities and risks and implementing corrective actions.
- Act as custodian of key corporate legal documents
- Provide guidance, upon request and need, for any new area of operation.
- Build and maintain relationships with Farmerline’s external legal partnerships
- Provide legal advice and assistance to management in relation to all legal requirements for key areas such as contracting , permitting, employment and environment.
- You may be required to take up other duties and responsibilities as and when required.
- Graduate degree in Law
- Must be called to the Ghana Bar
- Professional background, with at least three years’ experience in practicing Law.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal relationship with key regulators and stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate complex compliance issues
- A working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
How To Apply for the Legal & Compliance Head at Farmerline Limited
Closing Date : 18th October, 2022
Other Recommended Jobs:
Massive Job Postings At Anglogold Ashanti
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED