Anglogold are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Laboratory Technologist.
Role Purpose And Context
The Oil Lab technologist is responsible for performing all analytical testing for mining production, process and other engineering related samples. The role holder will assist the Tribologist in ensuring that all diagnostic tests on oil samples are done according to standards.
See Also: School feeding caterers to go on nationwide strike over unpaid salaries
Anglogold’s Key Accountabilities For Laboratory Technologist
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Accountable for team’s environmental obligations and performances.
- Conduct formal meetings with team and report any weaknesses in the environmental procedures.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures that have been issued by the Departmental Manager.
- Investigate all environmental incidents in assigned work areas and prepare reports with recommendations for the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Act on all employee environmental complaints and suggestions.
- Assist Tribologist in Oil Sample analysis and other related work.
- Receive, register, and prepare specimens and samples for analyses
- Analyse, compute and record sample test data and results, using computer-controlled laboratory apparatus and instruments in conjunction with the integrated LIMS automatic data transfer system
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support investigations.
- Provide machine lubrication technical support to Obuasi Engineering & other Mining Services in support of Total Fluid Management (TFM) on the mine
- Prepare reagents for laboratory use in accordance with the standard procedures in order to obtain reliable test results.
- Perform calibration and verification of analytical equipment and document the status of equipment as often as it is required and also report on any defect observe immediately to the laboratory lead person for the necessary action to be taken
- Analyse fresh lubes & fuel samples to ensure they are consistent with the Group’s product specifications and quality standards.
- Analyse in-service lubes samples from mining equipment for scheduled maintenance planning or to investigate the degree of deterioration of component damage if any
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work in a timely manner.
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the Tribologist on issues and identify and execute improvement projects.
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Recommended: New Job Recruitment At CICC
Qualification And Experience:
- Degree in Industrial/Applied Chemistry, Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, HND Laboratory Technology or any other equivalent qualification
- Level1 Certification in Machine Lubricant Analyst and other machine condition monitoring techniques.
- At least three (3) years’ in a commercial lab, petrochemical products manufacturing company, oil and gas industry, or in a mining related on-site oil laboratory
- With a hands-on machine condition monitoring skill in mining or heavy related industry
- Be able to read and apply written instructions and specifications, operate testing equipment, record observations and measurements.
How To Submit An Application To Anglogold At Laboratory Technologist
Closing Date: 2nd May, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED