There is a job vacancy for the position of Junior Communication Officer At GIZ Ghana.
- Project: Sustainable Employment
- Reports to: Deputy Head of Programme
- Contract Duration: 09.2022 – 12.2023
- Location: Wa, Upper West Region
Project Brief For Junior Communication Officer At GIZ Ghana
AgriBiz, through its EU co-funded component in Ghana’s north-west, works to improve on quality production in the agricultural sector. This is achieved through the value chain development, for seven commodities (cashew, groundnuts, vegetables, mango, rice, soybean and sorghum).
Scope Of The Role
As a junior communication officer, you will be responsible for providing support in implementing the programme’s communication and visibility strategy. The project works with both public and private-sector partners to scale up innovations and jointly transform the sector, with agribusiness-related
interventions and promotion of inclusive business models.
- Supports the implementation of the programme’s communication and
- Development and revision of information, education and communication materials e.g. articles, success stories, press releases, factsheets, leaflets, Ayers, infographics, and other relevant news items.
- Assists the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, as well as operational plans and team events.
- Supervision of the display of communication material in offices, and on items procured by the project internally and for partners.
- Supports the development of presentations for technical and steering committee meetings, as well as other meetings.
- Ensure strong relations with EU-REACH on joint communication
activities, including updating the EUGAP webpage, providing content
and working with the media consultancy firm, etc.
- Assists with the necessary coordination processes to produce
publications and materials in accordance with GIZ and EU guidelines
- Supports technical teams in preparing media contributions
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- University degree in Communication, journalism or comparable
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualification in the same or similar role with national or international organizations.
- Good communication and excellent writing and management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT, related software and computer
applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural
environment with the ability to quickly grasp complex issues.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Motivated team player with an organized, independent, systematic,
proactive, detail- and results-oriented work approach
- Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply For Junior Communication Officer At GIZ Ghana
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
Job Code 2022/Agribiz/29/07.
Closing date: 11th August, 2022
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED