Here is the JSI Research & Training Institute New Job Vacancy. The company is looking to hire a Grant Manager. JSI is implementing the recently extended USAID-funded Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana.
The goal of this extension is to allow Care Continuum to expand existing support to the Government of Ghana (GOG) and to accelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goal by achieving epidemic control in three high HIV disease burden regions (Western, Western North and Ahafo Regions) by scaling up evidence based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV), including general and key populations (KPs), getting them on treatment, retaining them and ensuring they are virally suppressed in Ghana. The activity will be funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through September 2023.
The Grants Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project’s grants program. Ensuring compliance with USAID regulations and best practices. The Grants Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Maintain a grants management system for distribution of project grants, under the direction of the Director of Finance and Operations;
- Identify and assess potential grantees, choosing the appropriate mechanism (Fixed Amount Award vs. Cost Reimbursable) as needed;
- Issue and manage the grants provided by the project; monitor all phases of awards, including assessment of technical progress, performance and deliverables;
- Ensure grant compliance with USAID regulations;
- With assistance from the Grants Officer, review all reimbursement requests for cost allowability; ensure that grantees are in compliance with established administrative and financial policies, procedures, and sound business practices;
- Oversee the Grants Management Database and ensure it is updated;
- Provide leadership in establishing and strengthening financial and administrative systems in NGO and public sector grant recipients;
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations in addressing grant-related issues, ensuring that grantee financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices and USAID rules and regulations;
- Track overall Grant Fund amounts in total, by buy-in, and by grant, including both awarded and obligated amounts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations;
- Supervise and build the capacity of the Grants Officer.
- Masters-level education/training or equivalent experience in Finance and Business Management or related technical fields.
- At least 10 years of experience in administration of grants, with experience in health program grants preferred.
- Proven expertise in process management and creative problem-solving.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of USAID rules and regulations and ability to flexibly and creatively apply these rules and regulations for tailored fit-for-purpose contracts or agreements.
- Ability to identify time sensitive demands & inquiries and respond effectively
- Demonstrated exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight.
- Strong client and stakeholder management skills across all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement process.
- Excellent communications, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to supervise and train staff and to work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills are highly desirable, as is extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access).
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills.
Location: Takoradi, Ghana
How To Apply For JSI Research & Training Institute New Job Vacancy
Qualified persons are to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked “GRANTS MANAGER” to: [email protected]
- Closing Date : June 16, 2022.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Also note that No phone calls or drop-ins.
Please note: There will be no relocation allowance for successful candidates.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED