There is a Job Vacancy For Procurement Officer At GIZ Ghana.
- Project: GIZ Country Office Ghana
- Reports to: Head of Procurement, Contracts, Logistics and Events
- Contract Duration: Until 2024
- Location: Accra
Project Brief For The Job Vacancy For Procurement Officer At GIZ Ghana
GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the
German Government and support many public and private sector
clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and
employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals
with renewable energy and energy efficiency; ‘Training and Sustainable
Growth for Decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which
focuses on good governance.
Scope of the Role:
The incumbent provides procurement services in accordance with GIZ policy and standards; administering logistics and contract management services; providing guidance, advice, and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, transparent and
provide the best overall value to GIZ, all while ensuring excellent
client service internally.
The procurement Officer supports the
Manager in the discharge of responsibilities, develops new tools and
training sessions, applics procurement best practices.
- In accordance with GIZ regulations and in consultation with Head Office, executes local procurement of materials, equipment, and services, invitations to tender and order processing
- Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft.
- Checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints
- Organizes the safe transport of goods to destination
- Processes customs declaration procedures (duty-free import of
goods, entering information in customs declaration database,
- Monitors and processes clearing of goods
- Participates in the entire process of vehicle registration (initial registration and documentation of both private and official vehicles, tax and insurance issues with project vehicles), new registration and insurance
- Assists with processing accident insurance claims against local
and German insurance companies, in cooperation with GIZ head office.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of procurement regulations, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- MA/MBA/master’s degree
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solution-driven mindset
- Ability to organize workload, and deliver under the pressure of deadline
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of procurement laws and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and German are advantageous
How To Apply For The Job Vacancy For Procurement Officer At GIZ Ghana
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected] under the Job Code 2022/ CU/28/U/.
Closing date: 11th August, 2022
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED