There is a job opportunity at Rainforest Alliance. The company is looking to employ a Senior Manager, Program Design and Development (West & Central Africa).
The role holder is part of the Africa Department and will help the West and Central Africa area build its portfolio of Landscapes & Communities (L&C) projects. The person in this job will work closely with the Regional Senior Director, Country Directors, and Institutional Relations Manager for Africa to describe and then create ideas and proposals to grow the regional strategy and build partnerships to pay for and carry it out. Some projects in this job can be overseen by the person in this role.
See Also: Job At Ghana Climate Innovation Centre
Strategic Development of Landscapes and Communities
- Contributes to the area Landscapes & Communities strategy, which is based on the Rainforest Alliance’s strategic plan for 2023–2030.
- Takes part in setting area priorities for people and nature with the Rainforest Alliance.
- Helps figure out how the regional portfolio can raise money, working closely with Institutional Relations, Markets Innovation, and the regional, country, and project leads;
- Takes the lead in creating chosen strategic proposals for institutional donors and companies that want to invest in Rainforest Alliance’s Landscapes & Communities work;
- As asked by the Senior Director, gives advice on how to make proposals under the direct direction and responsibility of other colleagues.
- With the help of the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (DMERL) department, builds capability and coaches project managers and implementing partners on all parts of the project cycle;
- Helps project managers and implementing partners in the early stages of a project to make sure they are following institutional processes and donor requirements and working with the right internal teams;
- Serves as the Senior Director’s first point of contact for help with certain key projects;
- Engages in and works together with the main private and public sectors on strategic projects and problems at the national and regional levels, in close coordination with country and regional leads;
- Helps with project work when asked to by the Senior Director.
Watching, judging, and learning
- Helps the department’s DMERL and works with project and program leads to gather and share information about portfolio management;
- Prepares and adds to Landscapes & Communities monitoring and evaluation tools and reports, and gives feedback to improve project design and implementation;
- Researches, writes reports, and spreads the word about the results of the Landscapes & Communities project, capturing new synergies to improve positioning and making useful contributions to the organization and its work with farmers and other key stakeholders;
- Takes part in the Integrated Landscape Management Community of Practice and other cross-learning events to help Rainforest Alliance learn more about how to do work on a large scale.
- Master’s degree in natural resource management, forestry, agriculture, or a related area, or a professional qualification that is equivalent to a master’s degree;
- At least 10 years of proven experience making and running sustainable projects in agriculture, forestry, or landscape management;
- At least five years of proven experience in a senior role in or with agricultural commodity areas, including in the private sector;
- Ability to build and keep good, trusting relationships with national and international stakeholders and important platforms;
- Experience with managing projects and making and sticking to budgets;
- At least 5 years of direct experience writing and executing grants paid for by bi-lateral and/or multi-lateral organizations, other donors, and companies;
- Excellent conversational, written, and spoken communication skills in English, with the ability to speak French being a plus;
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and abroad at least 20% of the time;
- Proven commitment to the purpose and values of the RA.
How To Submit An Application To Rainforest Alliance For Job Opportunity
Interested applicants should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 30th April, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED