There is a fresh job opening at the University of Ghana (UG). This very reputable institution is in search of a Research Chair on forced displacement in West Africa.
- Job Site: Centre for Migration Studies, College of Humanities, University of Ghana
- Duration: 5 years
- Funding Support: International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Canada
The Centre for Migration Studies at the University of Ghana invites applications for a research chair on forced displacement in the West African sub-region. The successful candidate should be able to bring greater visibility to knowledge production, knowledge transfer and exchange, foster links and mutual learning between senior faculty members and early career researchers working on issues around forced displacement and amplify the perspectives of the research chair in policy discussions at the national, regional and global levels. Applicants should be able to conduct research on forced displacement using gender-transformative approaches, engage with civil society, policymakers and other stakeholders in addressing forced displacement at the local, national, regional and global levels and organize and lead outreach activities in displaced contexts in Ghana and in other West African countries.
Read: New Job Opening At WSUP
- Establish a mentorship program for early career researchers on migration and forced displacement.
- Collaborate with other IDRC Chairs on forced displacement in other parts of Africa.
- Engage with different stakeholders through public and social media engagement.
- Organize and host policy dialogues, conferences and capacity-building workshops in Ghana on forced displacement
- Lead the production of community outreach using artistic methodologies in Ghana and the sub-region.
- Carry out both qualitative and quantitative research in Ghana and the sub-region using gender-transformative approaches in migration/ forced displacement.
- Develop frequent and effective communication strategies between IDRC and CMS
- Lead the publication of policy briefs and academic publications using findings from the research activities of the chair
- Strengthen the Centre for Migration Studies’ local and international partnerships and networks.
- Broaden the generation and sustainability of funds for the Centre for Migration Studies on migration and forced displacement
- Develop strategies to sustain the activities and establishment of the forced displacement chair in the University of Ghana even after 5years when the IDRC funding has run out.
Also Check: IOM Diversity And Inclusion Internship Programme
Qualification Required & Experience:
- PhD in Migration Studies, the Social Sciences or related fields of studies
- Must be of professorial rank in migration or closely related fields.
- Strong expertise in conducting research using gender-transformative approaches in migration/ forced displacement.
- Should have experience in attracting grants including a multidisciplinary international project on forced displacement.
- Must have experience working with CSOs, government stakeholders and community leaders as well as championing community outreaches among forced displaced groups.
- Should have experience in policy dialogue and engagement on migration related issues including forced displacement.
- Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative research methods in conducting research on migration related issues including forced displacement.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a good team player
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Extensive publication record in relevant journals and in the field of migration and forced displacement.
- Should have public and policy recognition and must have expertise in using a multi-disciplinary and intersectoral approach to research.
- Must have the ability to adopt diverse methodological approaches in conducting research related to conflict and disaster-induced displacement.
Salary: Based on the salary scale of the project
Suggested: New Job Opening At EY
How To Send An Application To The University Of Ghana For The Job Opening
Send the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A 2-page research plan showing the applicant’s understanding of the activities of the research chair, the methodology as well as the strategy for achieving the activities of the chair
- A Sample of related publication
These documents should be submitted to the forced displacement selection committee of the University of Ghana at: [email protected] with the subject “Research Chair for West Africa”
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered. Females are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Closing Date: 10th April, 2023 at 5pm GMT
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED