There is a new job employment at American Bureau Of Shipping (ABS). The company is looking for a Principal Surveyor-in-Charge. This person will lead and manage the direct, daily survey/operations for a specific location (i.e., port, station, country, shipyard, client site, etc.) in alignment with ABS Operating Principles and Mission.
This position is responsible for the effective execution and management of service delivery, resources, productivity, quality, policy, compliance, safety, training, coaching, and employee development for the specific location. This position provides location-specific information for business planning, and effectively communicates and achieves location-specific performance metrics to meet business outcomes. This position may execute individual billable survey work and/or projects as required by the business.
Check Also: March Job Employment At Tullow Oil
- Leads safe and efficient survey activities through individuals to meet business outcomes related to service delivery, labor/productivity, budget, quality, policy, compliance, training, development, and safety.
- Lead and execute the Survey & Certification Core Process within the assigned location
- Promote a culture of safety and safe working conditions,
- Manage individual and team performance, training, coaching, and development to meet current and long long-term rational and business needs to, including succession.
- Meet or exceed company key performance metrics and goals associated with organizational business outcomes for the specific location.
- Act as a professional specialist and resource in the application of Rules, Guides, regulatory requirements, concepts, principles, and processes; as well as marine and/or offshore technical requirements.
- Maintain relationships with local Port State authorities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Support the development of both strategic and short-term manpower needs for qualified, trained survey staff based on location location-specific climate to execute survey operations.
- Maintain awareness of, and effectively communicate across the organization, applicable information related to changes in business environment, marketing needs/opportunities, competitor landscape, service delivery requirements, technical challenges, and potential new sales and/or existing account opportunities.
- Communicate ABS services and capabilities to clients as appropriate and provide feedback and business intelligence to global departments as needed.
- Directly conduct survey work as required to meet business needs.
- Provide budget input to the Area Operations Manager.
- Support additional Core Processes as needed to achieve specified organizational business outcomes.
View Also: March 2023 Job Recruitment At Tullow Oil
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Typically, three (3) years working as a Senior Surveyor or equivalent.
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum two (2) years program); or
- Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship officer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership, motivation, and teambuilding skills in conducting and/or supporting survey activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as marine and/or offshore technical requirements.
- Experience executing surveys across various disciplines.
- Ability to read engineering plans and technical specifications and understand marine and/or offshore engineering systems, structure, machinery, and systems as well as shipbuilding and vessel operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to speak well in group and/or client-facing environments. English language fluency to conduct detailed technical communication/interaction.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability with the skill to propose and convey solutions effectively.
- Client/Customer service-focused demeanor with an emphasis on responsiveness and communication
- Ability to work well in a team setting as well as cross-functionally, with a focus on building internal/external professional relationships in support of operational business requirements.
- Ability to manage key performance indicators to meet business outcomes.
- Ability to obtain a working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management Systems.
Recommended: New Job Update At Nestle
How To Submit An Application For the Job Employment At American Bureau Of Shipping
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED