There is a job vacancy for IT Hardware Technician At Lincoln Community School. The incumbent will report to the IT Manager.
Job Description For IT Hardware Technician At Lincoln Community School
The IT Hardware Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets. This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all school hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Write technical specifications for purchase of school technology equipment, networking hardware, and related products.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and school technology needs.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on
equipment operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices,
presentation equipment, and other products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware
problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement
corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all routers, switches, server boxes, cabling, and other networking equipment.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware and peripheral equipment
improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Responsible for repairing all electronic equipment of the school E.g. Laptops, iPads,BenQ Interactive Boards, Projectors, UPS, TVs, VCRs, printers etc.
- Maintaining, servicing and repairing of CCTV Cameras Projector installation, servicing and repairs
- Assist with network cabling work and installation (data and voice)
- Support AV setup as necessary
- Support Video Coverage as necessary
- Imaging of computers and backing up user profile
- Mounting of Switching and Server Racks
- Supporting the maintenance and servicing of Servers and Server room
- Organizing and maintaining storage area for computers and accessories
Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of Computer Science Certifications in Comptia A+, Network+
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar position.
- Excellent technical knowledge of networking, and hardware, including Apple hardware, Intel and AMD based Computers, Printers, Projectors and IP CCTV.
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with Apple Macintosh and Windows base equipment.
- Ability to install network hardware components, cables and working
technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards, including TCP/IP.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural
documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to install, maintain and support the use of classroom equipment including projectors, Apple TVs, BenQ Interactive Board, Speakers, and document cameras.
- Ability to Install ,configure,repair IP CCTV systems and associated Access
- Evaluate signal quality and performance with computers, networks and software when the surveillance systems are in operation
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the school’s goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals and printers.
How To Apply For IT Hardware Technician At Lincoln Community School
Qualified candidates should send a C.V. and cover letter addressed to:
Mrs. Louisa Mensah-Baah
Director of Human Resources
To email: [email protected]
Lincoln Community School
PMB CT 354
Cantonments, Accra, Ghana.
That each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That
contribution should not be limited to the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or LCS to only the work identified.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED