Here is the International Potato (CIP) Center Career Opportunities. The company seeks to employ a dynamic and experienced Officer – Finance and Administration.
The position holder will ensure quality financial and administrative management of the Generating Revenues & Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project in Tamale, Ghana.
The Position: This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Regional Finance Manager and co-report to the Project and Marketing Manager, Country Liaison.
- Oversee the financial operations of the country office and ensure timely delivery of financial reports, including cash and bank management, payroll, ledgers and other aspects of the country’s financial management.
- Responsible for oversight of country budget ensuring on time adjustment of costs to avoid deficits in coordination with country liaison and Budget and Planning office
- Responsible for entering financial information, timely month end close, and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Ensure that all financial and procurement processes have appropriate internal controls to prevent fraud and audit findings
- Manage fixed assets of the Center, review and support the preparation of inventories.
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services in compliance with donor requirements.
- Manage the vehicle pool, ensuring vehicles are well maintained, and logbooks appropriately filled.
- Manage all fixed assets and supporting annual inventories of those assets.
- Responsible for the coordination of IT issues with headquarters, serving as IT Key user.
Grants & Contracts
- Coordinate with the Grants and Contracts (G&C) team donor compliance related actions in line with the compliance matrix of each Project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Financial Management.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including administrative functions.
- Proficiency in accounting skills and budget management.
- Advanced skills in utilizing Excel.
- Knowledge of local tax regulations and labor law.
- Experience in procurement procedures.
- Experience in office management.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships skills and teamwork orientation.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Formal training in project management
- Experience with accounting software packages
- Compensation package commensurate with experience.
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Ghana nationals and permanent residents only. The contract will be for an initial period of (03) three years (with a 6-month probation period). Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
- Work in diverse workplace committed to gender equality.
How To Apply For The International Potato (CIP) Center Career Opportunities
Closing Date: 20th August, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED