Here is how to reverse MTN Mobile Money (MoMo) transactions. MTN has long been Ghana’s preferred telecommunications provider because of its commitment to customer satisfaction and its ability to offer irresistible deals.
Life in Ghana has been positively impacted by the introduction of MTN Mobile Money and other forms of Mobile Money.
To ease the lives of their customers, MTN introduced a system to help customers reverse their Mobile Money Transactions.
This will help solve the problem of unintentional money transfers to different accounts.
Almost every person who uses MTN Mobile Money will at some point in their lives mistakenly send money to a different account while trying to make a payment or transfer money to a family member or friend.
Even though this sounds and feels like a life-or-death situation, it isn’t there’s actually a way to solve the situation easily.
In this article, I’ll walk you through the different ways to reverse a wrongful transfer on your MTN Mobile Money (MoMo) account.
How To Reverse MTN Mobile Money Transactions
If you accidentally sent money to the wrong number or person using your MTN mobile money account, you can follow the following methods to have the transaction reversed immediately.
- Via Customer Care
- Via Person to Person Reversal
How to reverse MTN Mobile Money transaction via Customer Care
In order to reverse a mobile money transfer to the wrong recipient, you must contact MTN Customer Service as soon as you realize you’ve made a mistake. It should preferably be within the first 15 days you made the wrong transaction.
Kindly follow the steps below to reverse the transaction:
- Call 100, the MTN Customer Care line
- Follow the prompts to select your language
- Then Select Mobile Money
- Choose the wrongful Mobile Money Transaction option
- Then select the option to Speak to an MTN Agent
- Explain your situation to the agent on the line.
- Then specify the original account number you intended sending the money to.
- After that, specify the number you mistakenly sent money to by mistake.
- The state the amount you sent.
- To remedy the situation, MTN will conduct an investigation and send a reversal notification within 15 days.
- You should be able to get your money back into your account as soon as the moment the person you mistakenly sent the money to approves of it.
How To Reverse Via Person to Person Reversal
Person to Person Reversal may be an option if you find the MTN agent or customer care approach to be tedious or unyielding.
Consequently, it’s more about your ability to persuade others in a person-to-person situation. Kindly follow the steps below:
- Call the person you wrongly sent the money to.
- Tell them exactly how much you sent to them and explain it was a wrongful transaction (be calm and persuasive).
- Then ask them to confirm if the amount has been reflected in the account.
- Once they confirm it the money, politely ask them to send the money back to you kindly
- The money will be sent to you successfully if the person confirms and is convinced enough.
Tips to ensure you don’t make a wrongful transaction
- Always double-check the number you want to send money to.
- Double-check the name of the person you want to send the money to.
Here are sure tips on how to reverse Mobile Money Transactions easily. These tips are here to guide you. However, if the recipient is dishonest or untrustworthy, they may withdraw the money and continue to reject your calls. This is why you always have to be careful when sending money. If you found this article helpful, kindly share to help others.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED