In Ghana, most customers usually travel or walk long distances depending on location and wait in a lengthy line to acquire their ECG prepaid recharged.
That era is long gone. It is now possible to pay for your ECG prepaid using one of Ghana’s fastest-growing payment methods, mobile money, right from your smartphone if you use a Prepaid or Postpaid Meter.
This guide will show you how to buy or pay ECG Bills Online in Ghana easily without moving out of your home or work place purposely to pay ECG bills.
How To Buy or Pay ECG Bills Online in Ghana
With recent technology, there are now a number of ways to buy or pay your ECG Bills online in Ghana. These are:
- Buying or Paying your Bills via Short Code
- Buying or Paying ECG bills through Mobile Money (MoMo)
- Using the ECG Power App
How To Buy or Pay ECG Bills Online with the ECG Short Code
- Dial *226# – The ECG Short Code
- On the Screen that appears, Select 1 – Top up Prepaid if you want to top up your prepaid
- Select 2 – Pay Bill if you wish to pay your Bills
- Next, Type in your Prepaid meter number if you selected 1 or Enter your account number if you selected 2
- Follow the prompts to Successfully make your payment.
How To Buy or Pay ECG Bills Through MTN Mobile Money
- Dial *170# – MTN Mobile Money Short Code
- Select option 2 – pay bill
- Then Select option 1 – utilities
- After that, Select ECG from the list that appears
- Enter your Meter Account Number
- Authorize the payment to complete the process
After completing the process, your meter is automatically credited.
How To Buy of Pay Prepaid Bills Using the ECG Power App
The ECG Power App is an application powered by the Electricity Company and of Ghana. Both postpaid and prepaid clients can use the ECG Power App, which is powered by the Electricity Company of Ghana, to instantly credit their account, regardless of the time or location.
The app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, depending on your device.
- To download the app on Google Play Store, Click Here
- To download the app on App Store (Apple Users), Click Here
After the app is installed, you’ll be asked to enter your email, phone number, and a password to complete the registration process. Once you’ve completed the registration process, you may begin using the app.
Open the App and follow the steps below to complete the process:
- First select the “Make Payment” option to Pay Bills or Buy Prepaid
- Then select your meter type (Postpaid/Prepaid)
- After that, enter your Account Number for postpaid or Meter Number for your prepaid
- Select your preferred payment method
- Enter Mobile Number or Account Number and amount you want to pay
- Click on “Submit” to complete the process
After completing the process, you will receive a message or pop up of confirmation. After that, your meter will be automatically credited.
Kindly Take Note that at the time of this writing, the app is only compatible with postpaid meters, not all prepaid meters.
I believe after this guide on How To Buy or Pay ECG Bills Online in Ghana, you will be able to buy your prepaid or pay your postpaid bills easily without moving out to buy at a vendor.
It is advisable, however, that you try the above methods to see the one that works best for you to avoid disappointment in times of need. Eg: When your light goes off at midnight when you really need it.
Q. What is the minimum amount to buy prepaid online?
A. Any amount can be bought. However, it is advisable to purchase a minimum of 5 Ghana Cedis.
Q. Can I buy or Pay for ECG Bills Online on Weekends?
A. Paying ECG Bills online is 24/7. It can be paid at anytime on any day.