The services of a Hardware Technician are needed at Lincoln Community School.
Job Description For The Hardware Technician at Lincoln Community School
The IT Hardware Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets.
This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all school hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance.
The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Write technical specifications for purchase of school technology equipment, networking hardware, and related products.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and school technology needs.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in
support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, and other products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of Computer Science
- Certifications in Comptia A+, Network+, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a simlar position.
- Excellent technical knowledge of networking, and hardware, including Apple hardware, Intel and AMD based Computers, Printers, Projectors and IP CCTV.
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with Apple Macintosh and Windows base equipment.
- Ability to install network hardware components , cables and working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards, including TCP/IP.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to install, maintain and support the use of classroom equipment including projectors, Apple TVs, BenQ Interactive Board, Speakers, and
- Ability to Install ,configure,repair IP CCTV systems and associated Access Control Systems
- Evaluate signal quality and performance with computers, networks and software when the surveillance systems are in operation.
- The compensation package is competitive salary and will depend on relevant experience and qualifications.
- If you have a proven track record of achievement in information technology and you are interested in the opportunity to work in an international environment then please visit our website: https://www.lincoln.edu.gh/about-us/employment to obtain the full job description.
- It is important for all candidates to read the full job description before applying.
How to Apply – Hardware Technician at Lincoln Community School
Send your cover letters and resumes to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Monday, 4th July 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED