Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) Aptitude Test Questions & Answers.
This seeks to help guide and give a fair idea about the Aptitude test questions and answers as well as strategies to pass the test successfully.
Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) Aptitude Test Exams
The Ghana Army (GA), Ghana Air Force (GAF), and Ghana Navy make up the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) (GN). The Ministry of Defense is responsible for the military, and the President is the Commander-In-Chief.
One must perform well on the aptitude test in order to join the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF). Your chances of moving on to the next round of the recruitment process will increase if you take the time to study for the aptitude test.
You have to successfully go through the documentation and body selection stage to qualify for this stage of the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF).
To qualify this aptitude test stage, you must provide correct answers for the test. You need to be equipped with good knowledge of the test you might face.
Number of Questions and Duration
- For Officers, candidates are usually required to answer 50 questions in 1 hour.
- Candidates are required to give short and precise answers.
Ghana Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) Aptitude Test Curriculum Areas
The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) aptitude test is a sit-to-write exams and can be taken only by candidates who pass body selection and documentation. It is taken at places only designated by the management of the Armed Forces.
Subjects mostly tested are:
- General knowledge about the Ghana Army, Ghana Navy & Ghana Airforce
- Numeracy knowledge & Arithmetic reasoning
- Literacy knowledge
- General Science
Ghana Armed Forces Sample Aptitude Test Questions
Ghana Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) General knowledge Questions
What is the organization of the military?
- Answer: The military is composed of the army, air force and navy
What was the number of armed forces recruits when it was established?
- Answer: There were a total of 6,850 active duty personnel in 1994.
What is the armed forces command structure?
- Answer: The military command structure extends from the minister of defense in the government to commanders in the field. Military units are deployed in the capital regions, and in Ghana’s border regions.
What is the structure of the army?
The Ghana army, has an eastern and a western command, and is organized into
- Two brigades, with six infantry battalions
- One reconnaissance regiment, with two reconnaissance squadrons
- One airborne force, with one paratroop company; one artillery regiment
- And one field engineer regiment.
What military equipment has the Ghana Armed Forces
- Military equipment consists of older weapons of British, Brazilian, Swiss, Swedish, Israeli, and Finnish origin. The Ghanaian Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) inventory gave the following equipment : FV-601 Saladin and EE-9 Cascavel reconnaissance vehicles; MOWAG Piranha armored personnel carriers; 81mm and 120mm mortars; 84mm recoilless launchers; and 14.5mm ZPU-4 and 23mm ZU-23-2 air defense guns.
What is the structure of Ghana Air Force
The Ghana force’s mission is to perform counterinsurgency operations and provide logistical support to the army when required
The Ghana Air Force consists of the following
- The Ghana Air Force consists of bases in Accra (headquarters and main transport base), Tamale (combat and training base), Takoradi (training base), and Kumasi (support base).
- A counterinsurgency squadron equipped with MB-326K and MB-339 aircraft
- Three transport squadrons equipped with F-27 and F-28 Fokkers,
- A C-212 Aviocar, and Skyvan aircraft and one training squadron equipped with MB-326F, Bulldog, and L-29 Delfin aircraft, Bell, Mi-2 Hoplite, and SA-319 helicopters.
What are the functions Ghana Navy
- The Ghana Navy came from the Gold Coast Volunteer Naval Force, which was established in 1936 to provide sea patrols and conduct mine-detection and neutralization operations along the coast.
- The Ghana navy provides coastal defense, fisheries protection, and security on Lake Volta.
What is the structure & history of Ghana navy
- In 1959 the Ghana government established a true navy.
- On July 14, 1989, the Ghana navy recommissioned two ships, GNS Yogag and GNS Dzat, at the western naval base in Sekondi. The vessels were refurbished by a British shipyard, Swan Hunter.
- In 1994 the navy was structured into an eastern command, with headquarters at Tema, and a western command, with headquarters at Sekondi.
- The naval inventory has two Kromantse-class corvettes and two Achimote-class and two Dazata-class fast attack craft.
When was the Ghana Armed Forces established
- ANSWER: The Ghana Armed Forces was collectively established in 1957 in Accra, Ghana
Who Was The First Chief of Defense Staff Of The Ghana Armed Forces
- ANSWER: Major General Stephen Otu was the first appointed Chief of Defence Staff in September 1961
What are the objectives of the Ghana Armed Forces?
- ANSWER: The armed forces’ mission are: to protect Ghana’s territorial integrity from foreign aggression, and to maintain internal security
What are the aims and objectives of Ghana Armed Forces (GAF)
- The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) as it is now called has as its motto “Integrity, discipline, and hard work”.
The objectives of the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF)are
- Crime detection and prevention
- Apprehension (arrest) and prosecution of offenders
- Maintenance of law and order
- Due enforcement of the law
Who is the present Chief of Defense Staff?
- ANSWER: The Chief of Defense Staff is appointed by the President, in consultation with the Council of State. The current CDS is Vice Admiral Seth Amoama. He was appointed by President Akuffo-Addo in January 2021
When did Ghana gain independence?
ANSWER: 6 March 1957
Which year was Ghana flag designed and who designed it?
- ANSWER: The flag of Ghana was designed and adopted in 1957 and was flown until 1962, and then reinstated in 1966.
- The Ghana flag was designed by Miss Theodosia Okoh
Numeracy & Logical Reasoning
- It takes an Engineer three hours to drive to his brother’s house at an average speed of 50 miles per hour. If He takes the same route home, but his average speed is 60 miles per hour, what is the time, in hours, that it takes him to drive home?
A) 2 hours and 33 minutes
B) 2 hours and 30 minutes
C)2 hours and 3 minutes
D) 2 hours and 60 minutes
2. A stamping machine can stamp 40 envelopes in 8 minutes. How many of stamping machines, working at the same time, are required to stamp 120 envelopes per minute?
A) 3 Machines
1) Yesterday, Kofi earned 50 Cedis mowing lawns. Today, Kofi earned 60% of what he earned yesterday mowing lawns. How much money did Kojo earn mowing lawns today?
2) Kofi sells pies for Ghc10 each. Kwame sells beverages for Ghc1 each. If Kofi sells 23 apple pies and Kwame sells 17 beverages, what is the total in sales for both products combined?
3) A mountain path is 12.1 miles long. If a hiker walks along the path at a rate of 1.96 miles per hour, in approximate how many hours will the hiker walk the entire trail?
4) Adjoa’s gross salary for last month was Ghc4,687.24. If Ghc421.78 was deducted from Adjoa’s salary pay, how much take-home pay did Adjoa earn this past month?
5) A woman’s store sells the following categores of clothing for the following prices:
Blouse: Ghc14 each
Skirt: Ghc16 each
Dress: Ghc25 each
Pantyhose: 2 pairs for Ghc3
A lady goes to the store on a day when the store has a 20% off sale on all skirts. If Yaa buys 2 skirts, 1 dress, and 4 pairs of pantyhose, how much money does lady have to pay?
6) Last month, Yaws checking account had a balance of Ghc347.20. Since then, Yaws deposited his paycheck of Ghc563.89 and withdrew Ghc478.53. What is Kofi’s checking account balance now?
7) In a box of stones, the ratio of red marbles to total marbles is 2:5. The ratio of green stones to total stones is 3:10. If the stones that are neither red nor green are blue, how many blue stones are in the box if there are 40 marbles in the box?
Read the passage below, and answer question
Websites provide detailed, specific information on a wide variety of topics. Websites may offer objective information, or they may present a person’s opinion about a topic. Because web pages come from such a wide range of sources, it is vital that you evaluate the authority and the background of the Website before using or accepting any of the information presented.
1. The author’s main purpose in the passage is to
A. Caution on the use of electronic text
B. Present sources of information
C. Condemn the web information
D. Commend electronic texts
2. Which of the following sentences has the correct noun, pronoun and verb
A. That bag is her’s but she has allowed the friend to take it
B. That bag is hers’ but she have allowed the friend to take it
C. That bag is hers but she have allowed the friend to take it
D. That bag is hers but she has allowed the friend to take it
3. Which one of the following sentences uses the correct order of adjectives?
A. I bought a pair of new, nice red rain shirts
B. I bought a pair of nice, new red rain shirts
C. I bought a pair of red, nice new rain shirts
D. I bought a pair of new, red nice rain shirts
Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) Aptitude Test PDF Download
Click Here To Get Access to more similar and Possible Ghana Armed Forces Aptitude Test questions and answers:
Strategies To Easily Pass the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) Aptitude Test
Since candidates are given short time to analyze and solve problems, candidates are advised not to waste time on questions the can’t find answers to immediately. Candidates are advised to tackle what they know first before solving the unknown or highly difficult. Also candidates are advised to solve more questions to be familiar with the types of questions which will be given.
Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) Aptitude Test Questions & Answers
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED