Here is the GBfoods Africa Latest Job Update.
GBfoods is in search of a Product Developer to join our African Technical team.
The Position holder will work in the Herbs, Spices and Taste Enhancers categories.
S/he will have responsibility for the Co-ordination of all Pilot Plant Product Development activities including line trials & report making.
The incumbent will also be responsible for Project management for product developments within GBfoods.
Additionally, s/he will be responsible for their technical implementation.
S/he will manage Technical (R&D) related Projects tasks in support of the Technical Project Leader and Development Project Managers.
- Planning and organization of the project in alignment with the correspondent project’s team members
- Compliance of the project’s KPIs (tracking & reporting)
- Preparing prototype for the new product, shelf-life study, lab trials and formulation twicking as per guidelines.
- Development of cost-effective recipe in view of market or business demand.
- Support upscaling from pilot scale and transfer to industrialisation
- Management of resources allocated to the project, ensuring full efficiency in projects’ execution
- Proposing a technical solution fitting the established KPIs
- Ensuring technical execution of the product development, being responsible of involving all necessary technical counterparts
- Developing products targeting the project’s needs, planning and leading the execution from laboratory to industrial upscaling.
- Establishing an efficient network in the factory, in alignment with the correspondent factory partner
- Providing the necessary technical inputs (e.g. recipe, inspection plan), and generates the defined technical outputs (such as AW’s, technical sheets), ensuring their availability
- Apply learnings in an effective way
- Apply critical thinking
- Follow prescribed procedures and company policies and values
- Attend the day-to-day problems concerning factories/consumer
- Category product support for renovation and innovation
- Graduate degree in Food Science, Food Process or Agricultural Engineering
- 2- 5 years’ experience in R&D and laboratory applications environment, ingredient selection, standardization and formulation management and product development projects preferably in dry convenience foods or dry ingredients sector
- Experience in managing multi-site and or multi-company projects
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and QA/QC requirements
- Availability to travel up to 20% internationally
- PC skills: Knowledge in SAP and standard MS Office and project management software.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English is required; knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- Demonstrates understanding of how to achieve results under tight timelines, plans ahead, monitors results and adapts plans, solution and results oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, in cross-functional project teams and to contribute to multiple projects
- Ability to build excellent relationships with internal stakeholders within different departments as Marketing, Operations, QA and Procurement team and external collaborators as required, team-player
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in office environment as well as in pilot plants and production.
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has the requisite professional experience to deliver on the role and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
How To Apply For The GBfoods Africa Latest Job Update
Closing Date: 2nd July , 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED