Fresh Graduate Recruitment at the International Potato Center (CIP). The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Junior Research Assistant to set up and backstop Small Livestock Rearing Clubs, predominately with women. The two livestock species under consideration are cavies (Cavia porcellus L.) and guinea fowl. Cavy rearing will be piloted in the first year, and if successful adopted as the key livestock component. The selected candidate will also be responsible for researching and identifying local feedstuffs appropriate for use.
Fresh Graduate Recruitment at the International Potato Center (CIP)
The Position: Junior Research Assistant – Small Livestock
- This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center.
- The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Project and Marketing Manager, Country Liaison.
- Learn all aspects of cavy and guinea fowl rearing with the perspective of teaching others
- Conduct a pilot cavy rearing effort with selected households, that includes detailed data collection on each component of the rearing process and writing a comprehensive report.
- Set up, train, and backstop members of Small Livestock Rearing Clubs
- Collaborate with local Ministry of Food and Agriculture Technicians working on small livestock
- Identify local feed sources for small livestock
- Collaborate with team members and market agents to develop demand for small livestock products and evaluate acceptability of cavy consumption by consumers
- Work with team members to develop a comprehensive communication and advocacy strategy for nutritious foods, especially small livestock
- Monitor the performance of small livestock clubs, utilizing digital and other tools adopted by the project
- Writing of progress reports on a timely basis
- Writing monthly stories from the field
Qualification Required & Experience
- BSc. degree in animal science, animal feed or health, or closely related field
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant work experience.
- Experience rearing small livestock species
- Training of field personnel
- Strong communication and writing skills in English
- Knowledge of essential business skills.
- Previous work with private sector enterprises.
- Experience with video technology
- Experience utilizing social media
- Experience in promotion activities
- Knowledge of French a plus.
- Knowledge of local languages such as Dagbani, Konkomba, Mamprusi, and Gonja.
How to Apply For the Fresh Graduate Recruitment at the International Potato Center (CIP)
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 12 July, 2022.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED