There is a job vacancy for the position of French Teacher At ICS Ghana.
The Position (French Teacher At ICS Ghana)
The school is seeking to recruit a well experienced and enthusiastic French teacher who will be tasked with teaching students how to speak and write in French, developing a range of assessments including written and oral tests, and creating an overall positive learning experience. The candidate should be able to work with students who have different capabilities and interests and continuously review the IGCSE/A-Level French curriculum to make it relevant to both students and teachers.
Under the direction of the Principal and Head of School, the candidate will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Planning, preparing and teaching methods that will engage students and stimulate their intellectual curiosity in the French Language including the use of effective questioning, clear presentation and good use of the available resources.
- Conducting research to develop appropriate learning materials, language games, and other teaching aids.
- Identifying clear teaching objectives, content, structures and sequences of lessons appropriate to the educational needs of students.
- Assessing the capabilities of the students based on the curriculum and developing appropriate lesson plans.
- Teaching the various tiers of French to students.
- Using both in-class activities and online resources and platforms to create a blended learning environment.
- Scheduling feedback sessions with students and providing extra support or enrichment activities as required.
- Organizing conversational classes and fun events where students can engage with French culture.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
Bachelor of Education degree in the French language or French Literature. A Master’s degree in the same field is preferable with at least 3 years teaching experience with the Cambridge IGCSE/A-Level Curriculum for French.
- Relevant certification or license required.
- Proven proficiency in oral and written French.
- Passion for the teaching of French which you share enthusiastically with both colleagues and students.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patient and resilient.
- Innovative thinking.
- Willingness to offer regular additional support to students outside of normal teaching time.
- Evidence of teaching high achieving students across all phases, and the ability to extend able students.
- Evidence of recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities.
- A desire to participate in the wider life of the school, contributing with enthusiasm to extracurricular clubs and activities on a regular basis.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
How To Apply For French Teacher At ICS Ghana
Closing Date: 8th August, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED