The Food And Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has a new job Recruitment. The service of a Trade Policy Specialist is needed.
Tasks and responsibilities:
In close collaboration with all team members the consultant is expected to:
- Advise and provide support to implement the Malabo declaration and the AfCFTA in the agricultural and food sector.
- Support activities to develop trade-related activities and project proposals based on evidence and analytical findings.
- Analyse relevant data and information, synthesize literature, and support the preparation of knowledge products such as working papers, technical notes and briefs on agricultural trade policy and trade negotiations in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Plan and execute activities with regard to the design and implementation of agricultural trade policies and contribute to the formulation and delivery of trade-related support under various projects.
- Assist with preparing communication products related to agricultural trade.
- Perform other duties as required.
View: Kasapreko Company Limited Job Opportunities
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Agri-Business, Public Policy, Agricultural Sciences or related field.
- At least seven years of relevant experience with trade policy analysis, inter-governmental coordination on trade and markets issues and research institutions or international organizations.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other FAO Official languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish. For PSA, working knowledge of English.
Suggested Post: Fresh Job Notice At African Union
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work.
- Extent and relevance of experience in trade policy analysis.
- Experience with advising governments and/or agricultural sector stakeholders on trade and markets issues.
- Extent and relevance of experience in project formulation and technical backstopping and leading multidisciplinary teams for technical implementation.
- Capacity to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present ideas and recommendations in a clear and understandable manner.
- Computer literacy with Word, az PowerPoint and basic spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills.
How To Submit An Application Job Recruitment At Food And Agriculture Organisation
Closure Date: 9th May, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED