Plan is seeking to recruit a Finance and Grants Compliance Specialist.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
The Finance and Compliance Sub-Grant Specialist’s role within this team will be to monitor and provide grantee support on financial management and contractual compliance to local women’s rights organizations. The Finance and Compliance Sub-Grant Specialist will focus on financial management and compliance capacity development to multiple women’s rights organizations and sub-grant recipients.
The position is based in Accra, within a Plan International Office and in addition requires extended travel to Plan field offices (up to 50%).
Check Also: JSI Research & Training Institute Work Option
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Knowledge and skills
- MBA in Finance and related field
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Progressive experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, Internet and databases.
- Coaching & mentoring skills for building project the capacity of women’s rights organizations on quality financial management and compliance.
- Superior skills in building productive working relationships with team colleagues, field offices, donors and partners.
- Understanding of project management cycle.
- Flexible approach to deal with ambiguity.
- Understanding of feminist principles, gender equality, and women’s empowerment.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, track project performance, meet deadlines, and ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in finance, accounting, grants analysis
- Progressive experience in financial reporting and analysis, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Proven experience in developing financial and program management tools and processes, including financial reporting budget guidance, work plans and monitoring templates.
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements of donor government agencies such as Global Affairs Canada; multilateral agencies (UNICEF, AfDB, etc.) and/or charitable organizations / Foundations preferred.
- Experience leading or participating in financial audits.
- Hands on experience reviewing complex contracts and agreements.
- Passion for feminist principles, mission driven work and personal values aligned with Plan International.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Sound judgment and decision-making in complex situations.
- Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
- A process-oriented working style, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership qualities.
How To Send An Application For Finance and Grants Compliance Specialist
Closing Date: 31st January, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED