There is a job vacancy for Executive Assistant At Peace Corps. The Executive Assistant is responsible for administrative support to the Country Director (CD). The incumbent will also provide administrative support to the Safety and Security unit, the Programming and Training Unit and the Administrative Unit at the discretion of the Country Director.
Support includes, but is not limited to, assistance in the areas of public governmental relations, internal and external communications, adherence to protocol, records management, correspondences, human resources, safety and security and Volunteer support.
The Executive Assistant handles sensitive documents and communications, which require the adherence to the standards of confidentiality and professional conduct. The Executive Assistant is often expected to work independently and with little supervision.
This position requires significant skills in written and verbal communication, time management, organization, and discretion. This is a personal services contract position (PSC).
Executive Unit Support 45%
- Produces and sends official letters, newsletters, e-mails, memos, Delegations of Authority documents, and various reports and other correspondences in draft and final form for the Country Director or other appropriate staff members
- Communicates with other PC posts, the Country Desk Unit and other PC/Washington offices for information on the behalf of the CD
- Manages and organizes various files (general correspondence, memos, Description of Service statements, newsletters, handbooks) and ensures accessibility. Serves as Post’s Records Liaison
- Receives and directs calls and visitors to appropriate office or staff
- Public Relations: Creates and maintains an official PC/Ghana welcome information packet to distribute to visitors (TDY) providing an overview of PC/Ghana’s work.
- Sorts out incoming mail from the US Embassy (USE) and oversees distribution;
- Receives general e-mail messages addressed to the agency, forwards as applicable, and responds to routine requests/inquiries; prepares draft responses to incoming letters and emails where appropriate, alerts CD to urgent correspondence
- Supports CD in preparation for Senior Staff Meetings, Mission/Embassy engagements, and conferences
- Performs other duties as assigned, including room reservations for visitors
- Representation/Government Relations: Organizes meetings with high-ranking officials and representatives of counterpart organizations
- Develops and maintains database of contact information for senior officials (government, diplomatic corps, development agencies, religious organizations, and business
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated English proficiency, both written and oral
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic computer
knowledge to include databases;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other organizations, including U.S.
- Embassy, NGO/development agencies, and other Peace Corps Posts
- Ability to conduct training and give presentations, in both English and a local language;
- Local equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Minimum of 3 years prior work experience preferably with an international organization
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting
- Experience working in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Knowledge and understanding of US values and culture
- Experience working with a team
Peace Corps Ghana
How To Apply For Executive Assistant At Peace Corps
Closing Date: 29th July, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED