There is an Exciting Open Position At UNHCR. The organization is interested in working with a hardworking and open minded individual who is willing to act as its Representative P5.
Duties For The Exciting Position At UNHCR
- Stay abreast of the challenges posed by the local political context.
- Manage a consultative process within the country operations and with external partners.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy that generates political and financial support for UNHCR’s operations. Mobilize financial support for UNHCR corporate priorities as well for country specific projects. Operations
- Implement a results-oriented approach, engaging a robust Multi-Functional Team, for assessing, designing, delivering and monitoring the country operation.
- Ensure that the protection strategy is fully integrated into the country operations plan and that necessary resources are allocated to it.
- Ensure the country‘s operations adherence to UNHCR’s policy on Age, Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming (AGDM).
- Ensure the country operation plans are consistent with the regional and global strategic priorities; manage a participatory process, with stakeholders, to apply UNHCR’s standards and indicators in assessing and measuring the performance of the country operations.
- Promote accession to the Convention and Protocol, and ensure the application of protection standards in the treatment of persons of concern especially women and children
- Ensure persons of concern, especially women and children, have access to relevant information; ensure that cases of sexual violence and abuse against girls and boys are reported and dealt with expeditiously.
- Ensure the engagement of UNHCR in the UNCT, UN common programming, planning and funding activities and to actively contribute in the establishment of the CCA/UNDAF and the consequent joint implementation activities. – Participate in the Cluster approach, ensure UNHCR’s Cluster Lead role and implement other IASC and inter-agency/UN policies.
- Ensure that risks to the operation¿s objectives are regularly assessed, priority risks are identified and risk treatments for the priority risks form an integral part of the operations plans.
- Ensure that staff and financial resources are commensurate with operational objectives.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of resources within the rules and procedures of UNHCR.
- Establish and manage local administrative mechanisms such as a Local Contracts (or Purchasing) Committee, Local Asset Management Board and APPC.
- Ensure local compliance with UNHCR’s human resources (HR) policies including on gender, disabilities, diversity, ethics and HIV/AIDS.
Manage a process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff for the country operation, in accordance UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Where necessary, identify the most appropriate affiliate workforce and optimize its use.
- In coordination with the Global Learning Centre, ensure that the learning needs of UNHCR¿s workforce in the country are identified, assessed and addressed.
- Exercise effective managerial oversight, direction, guidance and support and conduct regular performance appraisals and coaching. Security
- In close collaboration with the Designated Official (DO), UNDSS and UN country team/Security Management Team (SMT), gather and analyse information on the local security situation and play an active role in the inter-agency security and contingency planning processes.
- Ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect staff, and that the country operation complies with UN MOSS/MORSS staff security rules, guidelines and procedures
- Represent UNHCR in the UNCT/Humanitarian Country Team and other inter-agency fora.
- Decide on the country strategy and priorities, country operations plans, and approve the country operation’s protection strategy.
- Enforce local compliance with UNHCR’s global protection, programme, finance and human resources and security policies and standards.
- Negotiate and sign local agreements with implementing and operational partners.
- Authorize payments as per the organization’s Delegation of Authority Plan (DOAP) and in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Modify operational projects and reallocate funds, within the approved budgets and in respect of donor earmarking.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For P5 – 12 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 11 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 10 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree Field(s) of Education:
- Business Administration;
- International Relations;
- Political Science
- Social Science;
- Human Resources Management; or other relevant field.
- (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential):
- Certificates and/or Licenses HCR Learning Prog;
- HCR Managing Operatns Lrng Prg;
- HCR Protection Learning Prg;
Relevant Job Experience
- Senior positions in a large governmental or international agency. Extensive knowledge of UNHCR operations and services.
- A high level of skill in management of broad programmes, political decision making and negotiating, as well as demonstrated tolerance to frequently changing and highly charged situations.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, change processes, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operations.
- Ability to manage for results: translates strategic aims into achievable plans, with established priorities, monitors them, making periodic adjustments as required.
- Ability to effectively represent UNHCR at the senior level in internal and external meetings and to build strong relationships with clients. Desirable
- Knowledge of geo-political realities and their socio-cultural implications.
You Might Also Like:
How To Submit An Application For The UNHCR Exciting Open Position
To submit an online application, kindly click on this Link
Closing Date: 15th December, 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED