There is an Exciting Career Opportunity At FAO. They are looking to hire Social Policy Officer (Social Protection).
- Researches and analyses agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or gender related data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Produces a variety of technical reports and input for technical documents, publications and/or web pages.
- Provides technical, statistical and/or analytical services on various studies, projects and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Participates in the development of improved/updated technical, statistical and/or analytical tools, methodologies, systems, databases, key social/economic/environmental/nutritional and/or early warning indicators, etc.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams, collaborates with other divisions and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Collaborates in capacity development activities involving the planning and organizing of training workshops, seminars and major meetings and the preparation of related information, materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities.
- Advanced university degree in social protection, political science, economics, institutional development, social anthropology, gender or other relevant social sciences and related fields.
- Five years of relevant experience in socio-economic analysis, policy assistance, capacity building in relation to social protection, gender and rural development.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Demonstrated experience related to providing policy assistance on social protection and its contribution to inclusive agricultural development and climate action, shock responsiveness, gender equality and food security and nutrition.
- Analytic skills in qualitative and/or quantitative socio-economic analysis, particularly in social protection, and its contribution to inclusive agricultural development and climate action, shock responsiveness, gender equality and food security and nutrition.
- Demonstrated experience in policy analysis, programme formulation and implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the fields of social protection and social policies.
- Ability to mobilize resources.
- Experience in capacity development to support the design, implementation and analysis of social protection policies and programmes for to inclusive agricultural development and climate action, shock responsiveness, gender equality and food security and nutrition.
How To Apply For The Exciting Career Opportunity At FAO
Closing Date: 20th October, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED