There is a Day Job At Newmont Mining Corporation. The company is hiring an Engineer II.
About The Day Job At Newmont Mining Corporation
- To perform a variety of engineering duties in the development, modification or adaptation of established systems, processes and/or project plans.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate mine design, mine plans, ore control, project feasibility and productivity studies.
- Perform cash flow analysis and financial modelling.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
- Maintain tools required for short and medium-term planning.
- Develop practical mining plans based on all available geological information to support medium and long-term mine planning and production goals.
- Plan, organise and coordinate surveys, tests, or investigations through the collection of data points.
- Generate and develop pit/waste dump designs, blast designs and processing plans.
- Prepare plans for mines, including pits and haul roads for open pit operations, using CAD and Mine Planning Software.
- Coordinate all drill and blast activities with Drill & Blast, Load and Haul Supervisors, Geotechnical and Mine Engineers, Geology and Operations Superintendent.
- Liaise with the blasting contractor, by communicating company policies, accruals, safety audits, budgeting and scheduling.
- Produce drill pattern, loading design, timing sequence using the available drill and blast software suite.
- Support in the development of annual drilling and blasting budgets.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Mine Engineering.
- Mine Foreman Certificate of Competency.
- Advanced proficiency in MineSight 3D software.
- Proficiency in cost modelling software e.g. Xeras.
- Competency in explosives handling, storage and legislation knowledge.
- Minimum of 4 – 7 years’ working experience in a large Open Pit Mining environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), MS Project, Programming, Coding and Application Software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal),report writing, presentation skills.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Ability to visualise three-dimensional (3D) layouts.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a wide variety of personnel.
- Adaptable, Analytical, Deadline driven, Safety conscious, Self-managed.
How To Apply For The Day Job At Newmont Mining Corporation
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED