Here is another big vacancy for the position of a Data Scientist at Farmerline Limited.
About Farmerline Limited
Since 2013, Farmerline has directly helped farmers to improve their productivity and profit in Ghana and also provided technical support to other organizations to do the same. Farmerline started its operations serving 400 farmers in the Ashanti Region of Ghana with information via mobile information services.
We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 8 years, Farmerline and its partnership network have profiled and served over 1million farmers and digitized over 1,000,000 acres of farmland across 16 countries in Africa.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Moreover, We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Data Scientist at Farmerline Limited: Role Overview
As part of business growth and expansion, Farmerline is looking for a Data Scientist, who will be required to analyze information to predict patterns that will help to build data products to extract valuable insights for the business units in the company.
The ideal candidate will support the sales and marketing units as well as the engineering and Farmer Services units with insights gained from analyzing company data to develop solutions and products, marketing strategies and techniques.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with interest and expertise in analysis and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are key to this role as business units will be developing strategies and plans based on your data analysis and insights.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Analyze industry information and data to discover trends and patterns to inform business decision making.
- Work with the various units within the organization to develop algorithms to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to develop commercial products, improve existing sales/marketing strategies and techniques.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes.
- Develop company testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- 5+ years of professional experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience in using statistical computer languages to query databases (R, Python, SQL, etc.), manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changes in role priorities and goals
- Working knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong B2B, B2C / B2BC domain knowledge.
- Strong experience in e-Commerce, banking and agricultural operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Geospatial data experience is a huge plus
How To Apply for the Data Scientist at Farmerline Limited
Closing Date : 18th October, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED