There is a job vacancy for Chief Ventilation Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti Limited.
The incumbent will plan/engineer and co-ordinate the ventilation requirements for the mine in line with the established mine plans and Ghana Mining Regulations, ensuring AGAG provides an occupational environment which is conducive to good health, safety and productivity (through anticipation, monitoring, recognition, evaluation and control of factors that may cause adverse or dangerous conditions).
- Develop functional ventilation processes for implementation and progress tracking including the:
- Establishment of suitable systems and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient implementation of the ventilation/occupational hygiene strategies and programs.
- Development of ventilation component of the MTS Management Operating System.
- Establishment of an integrated data capture and reporting system
- Design and model life of mine (LOM) ventilation options in support of LOM mining plan (using Ventsim Visual)
- Manage ventilation projects (including shafts, raise-bore primary fan construction/refurbishment, Return Airway stripping, etc.) to optimize development of the Obuasi Mine envisaged in P300.
- Optimize short term, medium and long terms ventilation plans that ensure delivery of budget requirements and operations strategy
- Develop and submit the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Ventilation Outputs
- Manage the integrated delivery of work by the Ventilation function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, cost and related KPIs
Qualification And Experience
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of relevant ventilation engineering experience in underground mining environment with some exposure in occupational hygiene
- At least 5 years’ experience in the chief ventilation engineering role
- Ability to analyze and interprete ventilation data and the requisite ventilation methods for different stoping techniques
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting data on environmental stressors
- Capable of developing ventilation design criteria to support safe and optimal mine operations.
- Capable of developing ventilation standard operating procedures
- Capable to carry out aero, thermo & contaminant modelling and interpret results
- A high level of computer literacy with specialized ventilation and mining software such as Ventism, Vuma, Studio 5D/Surpac, Autocad etc.
- A good understanding on blasting time and blasting scheduling
How To Apply For Chief Ventilation Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
Closing Date: 2nd August, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED