The US Embassy in Accra, Ghana is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Carpenter. The schedule for the position is full time, 40 hours per week.
Working in the Facility Management section of the Embassy, the Carpentry Maintenance Worker carries out scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance and repair work on finish and interior assemblies, furnishings and fixtures in all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties. Job holder would repair, adjust and install doors, windows, hardware, wall, ceiling and floor coverings, sunshades and blinds; fixed furnishings; painting of various surfaces; and replacement specified glazing products with required installation materials.
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of building assemblies, furnishings, and fixture operations.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Maintenance and repair of various building finishes and assembles, components, fixtures and furnishings utilizing carpentry and general building construction skill. Ability to set up and operate a wide variety of wood working and metal machines, various types of power and hand held tools that meet accepted trade practices and safety procedures.
- Completion of secondary school is required and/or completion of vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with a concentration in carpentry is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing) is required. Good working knowledge in Twi and Ga (Reading, Writing and Speaking )is required. Language proficiency may be tested
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to identify problems or dangers, report issues and provide solution.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users.
- Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
- A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
- A current drivers ‘license is required. (Driving skills may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How To Apply for the Carpenter at the US Embassy in Ghana
Deadline: July 19, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED