Career Opportunity at the Embassy of Switzerland. The Embassy of Switzerland is looking for a qualified Programme and Trade Officer to join its Economic Section.
The responsibility of the Economic Section of the Embassy of Switzerland is twofold: it is responsible for
- Managing Switzerland’s economic development cooperation portfolio with Ghana and
- following-up on economic questions pertaining to the Swiss private sector active in Ghana.
Switzerland’s economic development cooperation with Ghana is specialized in the following areas:
• Economic and financial policy including Public Finance Management, Tax reforms etc.
• Urban infrastructure and utilities, with a focus on renewable energy
• Private sector development, namely entrepreneurship, access to finance, business and climate
• Trade promotion with a strong focus on sustainable value chains incl. recycling industries
• Monitor selected programs within Switzerland’s cooperation portfolio: identify new activities pertaining to private sector development, trade promotion and value chain development.
• Provide profound and critical analysis on macro-economic and sectoral levels as requested.
• Contribute to the annual economic report of the Embassy as well as to written briefs for the economic development policy dialogue, in particular in the relevant sector working groups.
• Closely follow the interests and activities of Swiss businesses and the Swiss business community in Ghana together with the management of the Embassy.
• Assist to Swiss business lunches as requested;
• Support the preparation and accommodation of economic delegations as requested;
• Develop and maintain close contacts with government officials, private sector representatives, development partners and project implementing agencies.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Law or a related field.
• Minimum of 4 years working experience, ideally in the private sector, an international organization and/or an embassy.
• Proven experience in development cooperation work, namely project cycle management.
• Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s economic, political and social context.
• Proven ability to transform your economic knowledge into both written and oral briefings.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize.
• Strong written and spoken communication skills in English.
• Ability to perform well in a busy environment; willingness to efficiently handle a substantial workload and to assume tasks outside the core sphere of responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to effectively engage with private sector, government and civil society representatives.
• Ability to work in a team; strong networking skills are necessary.
• Organized, timely, proactive, and ability to work autonomously.
The Swiss Embassy offers:
An attractive, open-minded and dynamic working environment Remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience Health insurance and pension fund scheme
How To Apply For The Career Opportunity at the Embassy of Switzerland
Full applications require:
- an application letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- testimonials for all previous jobs.
All applications should be sent to:
[email protected] with the subject “Application-Programme / Trade Officer” or to the physical address below:
The Economic Section
Embassy of Switzerland
Hilla Limann Hwy/Kenneth Kaunda Rd
North Ridge Area
PO Box 359 GPO
Closing Date: 20 July, 2022
Women and minorities are specifically encouraged to apply.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
I would like to work on the Switzerland’s embassy