Here is the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Job Vacancy. The company is hiring a Chief Operating Officer. In this new role and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of AIMS Global Network will be responsible for operationalizing the AIMS strategy and implementing daily operations, aligned with the strategy. The COO will spearhead the cohesive management of key operational functions including Operations, Procurement and Information Technology & Digital Services, facilities, transportation, travels and payables.
Leading a diverse team of up to 10 senior and middle managers (with direct or dotted reporting lines), and in collaboration with a variety of internal and external contacts, across multiple geographical and cultural lines, the COO will oversee the smooth integration and implementation of departmental policies and practices network wide.
You are known for your ability to establish, nurture and maintain effective relationships to affect and influence change and you have a particular strength to articulate your thoughts both verbally and in writing. As a member of the senior leadership team, you will contribute to the strategic direction of the organization and, be an exemplary model to foster a culture of excellence as an ambassador of the vision, mission and values. Additionally, you will Identify, develop, and manage teams to implement operational process improvements to ensure high organizational efficiency and effectiveness and work in partnership with the finance team to implement tight financial controls to reduce wasteful spending and align AIMS resources to the organizational priorities.
Do you have what we need?
- Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration
- 10+ years of experience in managing teams in a medium to large international setting, ideally as part of a global network
- Accumulated local, regional and international experience in corporate business or international NGOs work in managerial positions
- Experience and understanding of organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Experience and knowledge of standards required in working with and managing donor funds
- A proven record of developing and professionalizing start-up organizations with expertise in finance, administration, information technology and people leadership
- A consummate diplomat with the drive to innovate and lead change with a collaborative spirit
- A proven ability to manage, motivate, and mentor staff at all levels and create a positive team environment
- Superb relationship management skills to lead, manage and interact with a diverse team of professionals
- An influential communicator with strong verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Strong English language skills; French language skills, a desirable asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Internet applications (SharePoint, Skype, Gmail, etc.)
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of working in Africa
How To Apply For African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Job Vacancy
Closing Date: July 04, 2022.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED